1997 Pathy Owner

tacollins19

Guys,

I'm a new memeber to NPORA and I have a 1997 standard transmission pathy with over 180k miles. I had it since it was brand new and now it's time for some what I think is some major work.

I;m experiencing a misterious coolant leak which makes the vehicle idle abnormally and of course overheat when the coolant is lower. I recently replaced the idle air control sensor and was wondering if i may have disrupted a seal or gasket somewhere in the engine.

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance with my problem.

Hello, and welcome! :)

You say you have a coolant leak that causes the vehicle to idle odd? What exactly does it do? I'm battling an idle problem as well, and remembered that i've had to top of my coolant level a few times... but thought nothing much of it.

Post pics, we like photos! :D

Oh, and the IACV has coolant lines running to it i thinK? as does the upper plenum. so i guess it's possible something got left unplugged or a line got pinched or cracked.

Edited by Kyle94

Welcome to NPORA!

I'm not sure what would be leaking and affecting the idle. Do you have a CEL on or have you checked the OBD2 system for codes? Can you tell at all where the leak might be coming from (Front, back, left, right)?

Would you like me to move this to the Garage or R50 sections for better visibility?

(This is more a meet and greet section)

B