weird lighting issue

thorpe991

so yesterday i found out i had a running light/side marker out so i changed the bulb and it worked i hop in the seat and notice one of the bulbs in my cluster is out so i pulled that apart and the bulb was fine but i replaced it anyways.

but it still didn't light so i went and unhooked the side marker and checked the cluster and the light came back on i put the marker back in and the cluster light went off im not sure if the marker light has been out since i got it (late august)

what do you guys think? im quite stumped on this one

i am pretty good with the electrical system of vehicals

i also noticed that one heater nob wont light up if i have the wipers on the one to select the fan speed but the temp nob and the nob to choose where it blows out always light up if i turn the lights on

I've had a similar experience. The defroster switch's bulb was dead, so I put in a bulb from a junkyard '87 Hardbody bulb (26 year old bulb still works!) and then my odometer started lighting up with the headlights off - it never did this before. There must be some weird circuit of some sort, I can't explain it. Make sure all of your interior lighting bulbs are functional - glove box, ash tray, A/C button bulbs, hazard & defroster switch...

• 3 weeks later...