Hooking up extra fogs

RF600

I searched with no luck. If there is a thread on this somewhere please point me to the proper place.

I am planning on hooking up an extra set of fog lights. I want to use another hazard switch to turn them on. I will put it in the dash in the empty slot.

I have found out which wires I need to make the switch operate properly.

I want the light in the triangle to turn on when I turn the switch on. I have tried different ways of possibly truning on the light and it won't light up. Does anyone know what wires I need to use to make the triangle light up? I honestly don't know if the bulb is burned out. I grabbed a switch from the JY. I'm going to check the bulb tomorrow.

I have a 95 Pathfinder.

Edited by RF600

I searched with no luck. If there is a thread on this somewhere please point me to the proper place.

I am planning on hooking up an extra set of fog lights. I want to use another hazard switch to turn them on. I will put it in the dash in the empty slot.

I have found out which wires I need to make the switch operate properly.

I want the light in the triangle to turn on when I turn the switch on. I have tried different ways of possibly truning on the light and it won't light up. Does anyone know what wires I need to use to make the triangle light up? I honestly don't know if the bulb is burned out. I grabbed a switch from the JY. I'm going to check the bulb tomorrow.

I have a 95 Pathfinder.

The triangle as in the Hazard light switch?

Bulb might be burnt out. I had to replace mine, and the switch I grabbed from the junkyard was burnt as well.

I highly recommend running power directly from the battery terminal to the lights with good gauge wire via a relay to the switch, same way it is recommended to re-wire the stock headlights. I know there are several threads on that method. To power my illuminated switches, I just tapped off of something existing, like the cigarette lighter wiring.

Which lights did you end up getting, and what is the wattage/draw?

B

• Like 1

That was my plan when hooking the fogs up. I have not purchased the lights yet. I don't want to spend $200. Hopefully I can find them on sale.

I have a total of 3 hazard switches. The triangle doesn't light up on any of them. I'm still trying to find a way to light other bulbs I have that I can make fit into the hazard switch.

I went to my local Radio Shack and got a 2 pk of bulbs. Now the lights work. Thanks for that tip.

If anyone is interested in using the same switch for something like fogs, Red is power. Green is ground. Brown will have power when you turn the switch on. Pink will be for the light.