gearbox and front diff issues

bochoda

Hey all,

I need some help in deciding what to do about my gearbox, currently it is stuffed (howls in 1, 2, 3, 4 NOT 5th)

For the gearbox What I want to know is,

1- is it hard to repair yourself??

2- is there any other boxes that would fit that are better??

3- am I best just just to put it in the shop and let the pro's do it

Front diff issues - when I engage 4lo or 4hi I am getting NO drive out of the front diff, I have jacked the back of the truck up and engaged 4lo, driveshaft to front diff turns but NOTHING turns out of the diff. Any body had this issue or may know what could be causing it ie; Broken cv, busted front diff etc etc

FYI- its a Terrano 2.7 turbo diesel manual.

Thanks in advance

David

1. Never done it myself but if this isn't your daily it might be worth a shot, there's plenty of info online as well as the fsm that covers rebuild.
2. It would appear that a d22 qd32 box might fit.
3. Depends how confident you are, time, money etc. Maybe just upgrade to a bigger box and be done with it.

I was going to say auto hubs not working properly but after reading again you said the diff is getting drive but not to the cv axle. First thing I would suggest is check the diff and gearbox fluid levels and go from there, but it pretty much sounds like your diff is stuffed.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help Leo94, never knew that about the d22 box, might just go with that, bigger and better. As for the diff I thought it might be stuffed too thought I heard 2 bangs when I was out having some fun ooops lol