Pro comp shocks, questions

cvdloc

Well that makes sense lol, I was thinking it was a lower control arm for the lower arm (that short bar that connects it to the frame) my driver side looks loose or dinged up its hard to explain without a picture

image-53.jpg

image-54.jpg

Passenger side

image-55.jpg

image-57.jpg

Driver side (and yes those bushings are loose)

I take it that it would be a very good idea if I replaced these :lol: what would be the best way to go about this? Bushing kit? Or do I have to buy the arm as well?

Thanks for bringing this up, it has been a worry but I defiantly have over looked it.

Wow. I don't know all that much about these trucks but that looks borderline dangerous. Looks like the keeper washers are totally rusted out and the compression rod has shifted in the rubber bushing. I would replace the bushings immediately but others that know more might not think it is a big deal.

You can order all the urethane bushings from 4x4parts.com, another reason to run to Blaine and get a P.O. Box!

That's a very big deal. Guy on here not too long ago had one snap on him, which if the rod is rubbing on the frame enough it'll wear it thin and that will happen. You need new bushings. Maybe new rods, and 4 new bearing cups to locate the bushings.

Damn, thanks for the warning guys, I'm gunna call up napa to get a base price and see what else I can get for cheaper. Order them this week and hopefully install one day after work.