Are you Ready for Some Football?!

linewar

Thursday night, the NFL opens with Baltimore at Denver. That should be a good game - some grudge there from last season's playoffs plus the extra stirring the NFL has done putting Joe Flacco billboards all over Denver.

If my television carrier (DirecTV) had CFL games, I'd watch. Heck, it's football, which is better than. . .well, pretty much everything excluding a few, ahem, fun things me and the wife like to do. . .

ahardb0dy, here's a pic for you:

3ve9o4.jpg

WHO DAT!!

KeepCalmPoster_Thumnail_Small.jpg

Thanks, not like that's the first time someone sent that to me, lol

Good! Examining news from multiple sources is how to verify the truth of it. Knowing that you've had the same thing reported to you from other sources should boost your confidence that, well, Romo may as well go play golf. There's always next year.

(Sorry - I'm a Cowgirls hater - but all in good fun)

Lol. I actually have a (semi) logical reason for disliking them. I'm in my mid-thirties, so they were good when I was very young and then when I was an early teenager in the Aikman/ Smith/ Irving years. I grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, which is about 60 miles from New Orleans and - you guessed it - in the blackout zone. So, when the Saints were the Ain'ts, and their home games were blacked out, my local carrier picked up the Cowboys games. So, at that point it became good old-fashioned jealous hate. I am a Saints fan, yet I'm sitting here watching this bunch instead of my Saints because they're good and my Saints are bad? Add to that all the "America's Team" ridiculousness and there you go. (I'm sure I inherited some from my dad, too.)

Now that I think about it, I really should have been more negative toward the television carrier, but the Cowboys are a good focal point. That, and I just love to hate on any poorly-run franchise such as the Cowgirls. :lol:

I understand how you feel, I do like the fact that I get to see more Cowboy games than normal even living in Florida ( and NY when I lived there) because they tend to be more popular games, bigger rivalaries, so I guess they televise more of their games because of that.