95 PATHY 4x4 auto hub/cv axle help stumped

i have 95 pathy 4x4 automatic with auto hubs i had to replace driver hub cause it was grindin in 2wd i bought a used one that was already disassembled and i cant remeber how to put it together i think i had it right one time with the snap ring 1st then brake with keys facing out and it locked in but im not sure if it locked out. do the cv axles turn all the time and does anyone have instructions with pictures on the assembly of the hub thanks for help im really confused on this one my other nissan has manual lockouts this is first time working on autos

Here you go. I pulled this out of the FSM I downloaded from the Garage. It is available to everyone I suggest that you have one on your puter, Almost any info you need can be found in the manual....

Screenshot34_zpsb99a8c81.png

i have assembled it that way but it wont lock in but if i take brake a and flip it then it will lock in but it think it stays lcked in wat else could be wrong i had it assembled that way and it locked it but when i unlock it and back up and try it again it wont lock in. i can take the hub off and reassemble it and it will lock in once

Others know ALOT more than me on the subject but if the components are in good condition I would sure think cleaning and regreasing everything would be the place to start. As for me I am buying manual hubs as soon as possible....

Just go to this homepage and look in the "Garage" forum and look for the thread that has the FSMs (factory service manuals). You can download it onto your computer.

Here, this will make it easier for you....http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/26616-factory-service-manuals/

Edited by SkiBumBrian

Are you reversing to disengage 4WD? They usually don't on their own, you need to stop and back up a few feet until they click. On the WDs the axles don't turn in 2WD.

Definitely clean and grease well to start! Often times that's the problem with them.

i finally got it fixed a piece of my old hub brake was stuck inside the brack on the axle i found it when i took everything off the cleaned it after greasin it and putting it back together it works like a champ locks in smooth and locks out smooth you can barely hear it click thanks for all the help i have tried other websites that popped up first when searching on google and this site is the only one that has replied back i will be on this one from now on and forget about the others

i also have another dumb question when starting my starter will click like battery is dead sometimes it cranks on first try but after 3 clicks my battery is dead i can hook up my charger on boost and it starts on 1st try i just bought the truck the battery is just a year old with 535 cold crank is that big enough for it or do i need a bigger battery or is it the starter but when on boost the starter turns fast

Clean all your connections, posts etc. Make sure your cables are in good condition, if not replace them. 90% of the time it is connections and not the alternator or battery (unless the battery is past its lifespan).

its an automatic i took the battery to parts house to get it checked cause they carry the brand and it was only 16 months old so i got new one for free now sometimes it cranks on 1st turn and sometimes it clicks a few times then cranks but i no longer need a jump when it clicks it usually only clicks once or twice then spins over fast with no dragging so is it the solenoid or maybe the relay

i saw that there is sOME oil on the solenoid where the wires connect so my next step is to take wires off and clean it before spending and money on parts i may not need but the other battery was bad and it hasnt failed to start yet. knock on wood lol

stumped again my 4wd worked good for couple days and hub quit locking in but i can swap the hubs and they both work just the passenger side axle wont lock in and it was the driver side that was broke but both insides of hubs are good just cant figure out y passenger side axle wont lock in