R50 Pathfinder 3.3L Headers

I will write a blog about it, well need to post this info on multiple boards. And well need to guage interest there all in one spot aand also see what kind of timeframe people would be looking at buying. <br /><br />I will need atleast 10-15 people to preorder these with about an 8 week lead time. I feel like this is doable but we need to spread the word a bit more<br /><br />Sent while mobile, typos likely. <br /><br />

We would try to keep the cat but would eliminate cats if the design to keep them would affect the integrity of the heady.

Sent while mobile, typos likely.

I'd be interested (not ready to pony up yet). Critical items as I see them:

They would have to be with cat or they are useless to me and anyone in California.

It would have to be shown the gains of headers with a stock cat back VS aftermarket cat back system.

Does anyone even make an aftermarket cat back exhaust for the R50? (never checked)

This might wake up the old LUXSUV enough for me to fix it up a bit. I seriously think the stock cats are more tham big enough to handle the flow from a 3.3, the input/output is larger than the stock 3.0 cat, on each side! (can't see the performance gains of removing them). I don't know the system restrictions down stream though, I suspect it is the same with most vehicles. Headers might be pointless without cat back mods as well. :shrug:

B

• 3 weeks later...

Chances are we would remove the cat. Its not a performance issue, its an issue with getting heat away from the motor and being able to make the primary tubes long enough so they don't crack. The cats simply get in the way of making a quality product. We saw the same issue on the d22's <br /><br />Sent while mobile, typos likely. <br /><br />

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...