T-case fluid install bottle, lung powered.....

SkiBumBrian

I have always hated having to buy a pump just to change diff gear oil, T-case fluid or any other inaccessible fill holes...

Made this today in about 3 minutes in expectation of changing my T-case fluid. Looked so good I left it for now but thought someone might like this idea or at least give them a giggle!

Wasn't it Mae West that said "Just put your lips together and blow..

IMG_0050_zps6d14bba7.jpg

IMG_0049_zps701fa3e7.jpg

Edited by SkiBumBrian

Cleaver, never thought of that, I just went out an bought a pump for 20$ lol

Just don't suck hahah your gunna have a bad time

Edited by cvdloc

Plus I left gear oil in there... Never cleaned it out, well that was only a year ago, damn. I think it's in the back wrapped in a garbage bag... I think I just proved your point lol

I bought a 10 dollar hand pump.

Jeep used to love its gear oil before I fixed the leak. Sure paid for itself.

However, I really like this idea, creative!

Edited by 92Path_68CJ

If you have access to an air compressor, hook it up to that and put a few PSIs in it carefully. An old tire still on the rim works as well with an inflation valve on it to draw the air from the tire in to the jug.

I like it, using your noggin!

I have a pump somewhere as well, but last few times I used a previously emptied quart bottle with a removable nozzle top and 1' of hose. Fill up the bottle, put the nozzle on, jam the hose on the nozzle, put the other end in the hole and squeeze! Works great for filling the low capacity items with the side benefit of knowing how much you have put in it, but filling a tranny would suck. Besides, you do that through the shifter hole anyway! ;)

B

/>

I like it, using your noggin!

I have a pump somewhere as well, but last few times I used a previously emptied quart bottle with a removable nozzle top and 1' of hose. Fill up the bottle, put the nozzle on, jam the hose on the nozzle, put the other end in the hole and squeeze! Works great for filling the low capacity items with the side benefit of knowing how much you have put in it, but filling a tranny would suck. Besides, you do that through the shifter hole anyway! ;)

B

Say what?! I feel even dumber now..

Lol you gotta over fill the pre-'95 manual transmissions man. So through the shifter hole or put the side of the truck with the actual fill hole up in the air.

As per the TSB in the Garage/TSB section. 5.1 liters IIRC, but 5 quarts and some spit will get you there.

Don't feel dumb, feel ignorant. Ignorance can be cured (and we are all guilty of it), stupidity can't. :shrug:

B

Wise words precise1.. Well I guess I never filled it up properly cause once it started leaking out, I stopped, Owell, it ran good for a year before it got wreaked. Knowledge for the future!

This works well too, was doing a transfer case replacement in a Durango and needed to fill it. It was in a nasty trailer park with trash everywhere and this was laying but two feet from the back tire. Twist cap so you cam get the nozzle in the hole and let 'er flow. Saved my ass!

IMG_20130730_212213_487_zpsd0465f0c.jpg

Edited by Kingman