Hello Everyone

djratlif

I just recently bought a 1992 pathy three months ago that is bone stock except the BFG A/T tires. The price was low but the thing needs a new exhaust and a few other things like the timing belt (just to be safe) before I start to modify anything. I wrench on my own vehicles and work at a Chevy dealership, so I have a little experience but not in the line of Nissans. Hopefully I can be of some help, and I can already tell I'll find some things I can use as well.

• 1 month later...

Welcome!

If everything is as it appears, you got quite the deal for $600! Make sure to check for rust, especially underneath the rear seats and the rear frame. Might want to check out the tension rod and bushing as well, they are often old and abused.

X2 on downloading your FSM copy, as a mechanic it will tell you most of what you need to know.

B

I've downloaded my copy of the FSM now, as well as already having the Haynes and Chilton's manuals laying around from previous pickups. I've found the help on here to be much more useful than either of the generic manuals I have. O yeah and as for rust looks like I am safe for a while, the truck came from South Carolina with no salt, unlike here in NY where its only going to last two years max.

I got you beat ! I got this one for FREE.

.iihk.jpg

This was my sisters and it was just sitting in her driveway. Nobody paying any attention to it at all. I asked her if she would give it to me and she said YES.. woo hoo. This all happened a few days ago and I haven't even moved it to my house yet.

No really 600.00 is a great deal GOOD JOB.

Hey, I have a question for everyone. I'm new to the 4x4 sport and want to lift this Pathy just as everyone else does. Has anyone ever just gotten a donor Toyota and taken the front and rear axles leaf springs and all and just done a SAS that way ? Seems so complicated hunting down a Dana 44 here and Dana 60 there and so on. Just asking.

Man, and I thought I found a gem haha. This one looks even cleaner than mine, and free to boot. As for the the lifting, I have little experience in the area and am researching and scrambling to assemble a plan myself. Thinking about keeping the IFS though as I want to keep it streetable and cheap(ish). The Poor man's lift topic here is explained pretty thoroughly and seems straight forward enough for me.

• 5 weeks later...