Bull Bar Options?

enkrypt3d

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Deluxe-Bar-Nissan-Pickup-1991-97-3438050-P3315.aspx

Since the 3438040 for the WD21 is discontinued from ARB would these work? I'm unsure if these have also discontinued.....

if so, whats the next best thing? I love the look and the durability of the ARB Bull Bar but dying to find one.... let me know what you guys think!

Yes, that will work and they should still be made. The only issue is that the Hardbody 4x4s have roughly a 2" body lift from the factory so you either need the same amound lift on the Pathfinder, or you need or have the mount arms modified in height which is not difficult or costly.

B

What kind of changes would have to be made if I don't do a body lift exactly? Trying to find out from ARB if the hardbody version is still in production..

4 wheel parts still has them listed on their web site see:

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Bumpers-Tire-Carriers-Winch-Mounts/Black-Nissan-Pickup-Deluxe-Bull-Bar-Winch-Mount-Bumper.aspx?t_c=64&t_s=26&t_pt=6410&t_pn=ARB3438050

$902, I believe you can get them on sale once in a while for a few hundred less.

5% off with this coupon code: CC5OFF

brings it down to $857

Edited by ahardb0dy

/>/>/>/>

Anyone know how I could make this fit before I buy it?

I'm assuming here (going on theory since I have never done this) the mounts on the bumper sit lower thus covering and fitting nicely to the grill and lights. You would have to make or weld brackets (I think mentioned before) or do a 2 inch body lift lol

Personally (being an experienced welder, but it's been 3 years) I would buy the bumper and make it fit, it will sit nicely it's just the mounting brackets would be different

Now if I'm wrong, someone correct me, I'd hate to lead you down a wrong path, but damn it we will find it! (Pun heavily intended)

/>/>/>

Yes, that will work and they should still be made. The only issue is that the Hardbody 4x4s have roughly a 2" body lift from the factory so you either need the same amound lift on the Pathfinder, or you need or have the mount arms modified in height which is not difficult or costly.

B

That's what I was looking for..

Oh and I forgot to mention, you will loose strength in your bumper if you use brackets. This is the downfall. There is proper ways and cheap ways with everything. I remember reading on people extending there stock front bumper up after a body lift and loosing strength as it tends to fold back after impact, food for thought I'm sure if you weld angle pieces you won't have this issue

Edited by cvdloc

Well ironically the truck is in the body shop right now due to a frontal impact ruining the oem bumper... I'm wondering if its worth having the body shop weld this sucker up?

Are there any photos of what the back of this thing looks like?

the back of the bumper?

Precise Has an ARB on his PF, I'm sure he can tell you or has pics of what needs to be done to get the ARB on.

If it was me I would (if it was in the budget that is), pick up the ARB before they are no longer available and than worry about getting it installed.

There are other companies that make a similar bumper, KMC now named Tactical Armor Group, has one with good and bad reviews on here as too how long it takes to have them make one for you:

http://tacticalarmorgroup.com/TAGStore/TAGStore/tabid/71/CategoryID/379/List/1/Level/a/productid/1773/Default.aspx

Here, this should do it. As you can see, mine does have some additional bracing and support in the form of a second backing plate welded over the extension on the inside and a few other braces. Not the prettiest, but highly effective and hidden; it is stronger now than it was before the 2" extension.

Note in the pictures the difference in the height of the extension welded in? Mine was 2", GrimGreg installed a 3". I'd buy the bumper (mount it if the truck is lifted), measure the difference, remove the bumper and add in an extension of that amount. Any additional bracing should be done then as well, you'll see.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/26160-arb-pictures/?hl=bumper%2Bmodify&do=findComment&comment=480700

B

Oh, sorry, I forgot to mention that the top mounts need to be cut off, flipped and rewelded as well as seen in the pictures.

Thanks! So to fit a D21 ARB to the WD21, you'd have to add the 2" extension to the underside mounts for it to fit or remove 2"? Since you guys said I'd have to either do a body lift or modify it....

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc110/zyklus/Truck/ARB/101_1662.jpg

Of course this guy is doing the reverse but he has a lift of some sort... I understand moving the mounts and it just appears to need to be cut and welded towards the top of the bumper..

I understand flipping the other mounts on the top and reinforcing them.... but its the bottom part that I'm unclear on. I think I'll wait to get the truck back to order one of these and see if someone down here can hack it up! :D

Precise1, Nevermind I'm pretty sure I understand - but I noticed that when u say "flip the mounts" does that mean the passenger side goes to the drivers side? Because I see one mount that has the bend in it on the other side if I'm looking at this correctly. Is that right?

I made notes on Precise's pics, I think this is what he is referring too:

It does look like when the brackets are flipped you need to swap left and right, you can see the bracket on the inside the metal comes up, 90's towards the outside than 90's back up.

4fzvdg.jpg

6gehkm.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy