New from MN

Superkirby

Good morning all. I've been lurking for awhile and finally decided to sign up to ask a question or two. I have a 95 Pathfinder SE. I had a Jeep Cherokee before but after it rusted apart I found my Pathfinder and decided to give Nissan a shot. Let me tell you I'm glad I did. I like it a whole lot more than I ever liked my Jeep. I'll get some pictures of it and post 'em up.

In the mean time, Hi!

Welcome!!

Glad you like the switch over from your jeep. What do you find better between the jeep to nissan just to compare them? I like the Cherokees but they are a lot weaker from the pathfinder, but aftermarket parts are easy to come by for jeeps unfortunately. Glad you decided to join you'll find next to everything you need to know on here! I know i have.

Welcome Bud!

While the Jeep Cherokee and the Nissan Pathfinder are similar in form they are quite drfferent in build; I prefer the Nissan myself... :D

As was asked, in comparison, that is you you like better about either?

B

Thanks for the welcomes. Sorry for the delay in response, lots of work.

First for the easy one - I'm in Becker, MN.

As for comparing the two - the Nissan is a lot more comfortable ride and better for the driving I do. I would love to say I'm a hardcore off-roader, but in reality that's only in my mind. I would like to be but realistically I drive about 50 miles a day up and down the highway to work and back. The pathfinder is a little bigger without being bulky. I didn't like that the jeep was a unibody. I did like the 4.0 the jeep had, but I'm hoping someday down the road I'll be able to up the power of the Nissan a little. First to figure out the fuel injection issue. I think I'll go post about that somewhere else.

Welcome Kirby! I'm kinda new here to but have learned a lot about my Pathy from the guys on here. Everyone is very helpful and most of them have a lot to offer, they've been down this road already!

Yeah unibody.. Just.. Why?! But you have a bit more power unfortunately with that 4.0 litre, especially torque considering its an inline 6. Although I did find my path still had power, not as much as in would like (but there is always little things you can do, but a bit limited too) now I downgraded to a 2.4 litre, talk about gutless!

I wonder if the Cherokee is smaller or bigger than the pathfinder (outside dementions) I have fit in some tight tight areas in the pathy, plus the turning radius is damn sexy lol

My 93 Cherokee was for sure smaller than my 95 Pathfinder. I'm 5'5 and was taller than my Jeep. Also had essentially no legroom in the back seat and I think the cargo area was smaller as well. And my Cherokee turned sharper than my Pathfinder. That's actually one of my biggest complaints about driving it - it seems like the turning radius is real big. The PO had 31's on it before and had adjusted the steering stops way out. I adjusted them all the way back in after putting some 235's back on it for now. It's better than it was but still seems kinda big. But I like it overall.

Hmm weird, then again I have never drove a Cherokee, I just have a couple friends who have one and they always complain about the unibody and the Dana 35's. I had 31's and had no issue, I had to cut the bottom front corner out but lost no turning radius, plus on my hardbody I have offset rims and that helped out too, never adjusted the stops, don't think you need too... I think you can even bump them back farther if I'm correct, but you have to be cautious. As it stands right now I can turn fully from the shoulder to shoulder on a 2 lane road without hitting the curb. How bad is yours?

Haven't tried it on standard 2 lane road. I live on a dirt road and if I try to do a U-turn I can make it a little over halfway and have to back up. It's not like Austin Powers bad or anything like that. For the comfort driving it down road and overall feel to it, it's a trade off I'm pretty happy with. If I can get this injection thing figured out I'll be thrilled with it.

Yup, I love having coils all the way around, defiantly miss it. I hope you can figure this out, I don't know too much about the injectors never had to fix them myself otherwise I'd help you out, good luck!!