Spark plugs

ahardb0dy

I always recommend NGK spark plugs as that is what the OEM Nissan plugs are.

I usually use the V-groove plugs in all my Nissan's but was just looking at plugs and the benefits of each different model and wanted to ask a couple questions.

Does anyone use the "G-power" NGK plugs?

If the standard plug is fine but the Iridium claim " Iridium IX® offers extreme ignitability, improved throttle response and superior anti fouling"

would it be worth spending more if the plugs last longer and offer the benefits claimed above?

I know the platinum and iridium plugs are quite a bit more than the standard or the V-groove plugs but what about the G- Power plugs? They aren't that much more each over the V-groove plugs.

What are your opinions and feelings, experience regarding the different models of NGK (only NGK) plugs?

Thanks all.

I have the G-power in both our 1995 and 1999.0 pathfinders and they seem to work great. I compare back to back difference to the standard or v power plugs because when I replaced the original plugs, both sets were seriously worn so that wouldn't be a realistic comparison. As you said, they aren't much more and I am under the impression that the platinum tip should last longer. These are the claims of the G power plug...

• Fine platinum tip reduces required voltage
  • Extremely durable under high heat
  • Trivalent Metal Plating - superior anti-corrosion and anti-seizing properties
  • Faster starts and quicker acceleration
  • Better fuel economy and lower emissions
  • Best platinum spark plug at an economical cost

These are the 3 reasons I went with them and what are probably accurate and not so subjective.

Nissans like to run fairly hot so that is a plus.

I'd prefer the plugs not to corrode in the head.

I have to pass emissions testing so I'll take anything that might help.

B

The Iridium IX plugs are only designed to last about 50k miles at most. NGK labels them as "Ultra High Performance". So, either run your trusty V-Groove, G type or the Laser Platinum/Iridium plugs. The Laser versions are designed to be 100k plugs.

Speaking of which, Napa has a coupon online for 20% off total in store purchase!! Go get them plugs!!

Edited by Rebelord