double dip question..install lift first and wait for front to settle..

captandy

or do the spacers at the same time the front struts and springs go on??new ac 2" gr2 struts and mikes new strut spacers from ac hes making now.. Can i do them at the same time??

I did the lift/settle thingie. It has worked pretty well for me. Hopefully Exbrit will chime in. I can't recall if he did his lift "all at once" or did like me. I do know that he had issues with camber and I did not. We can't seem to figure out the difference? :shrug:

I don't have the A/C lift but did the Old Man Emu lift with spacers all at once and regret it. I achieved a lift of 3" with the OME/Spacer, same as the AC + spacer. I was expecting 1.5" lift. The inboard boot on my passenger-side half-shaft pulled off its track and spewed grease all over.

I would say, in my opinion, (even thought it does not make sense from a do-it-right-the-first-time point-of view, I think doing it right means waiting for things to settle...I think exbrit did the same thing I did (with AC springs) and decided to pull the spacers off because it was causing too much trouble.

Personally, now that I found a half-shaft that will probably work on my path (all others I tried to replace the leaky one with kept binding) I will wait another two months for the suspension to settle further before replacing it.

Thought I'd chime in because I did it all at once... For a while the front was actually higher than the rear, but now (almost a year later) everythings settled and is level. I had no camber problems and I just tore one of my original CV boots last month so it definitely had nothing to do with "doing it all at once".

I just did Ironman springs with KYB and NX4 spacers..no issues...I got almost 3.5inches out of it. It had a little camber to begin with but 2 weeks in it seems to be ok. It has settled down to just over 2 3/4 inches now. I'll get an alignment next week.

Thought I'd chime in because I did it all at once... For a while the front was actually higher than the rear, but now (almost a year later) everythings settled and is level. I had no camber problems and I just tore one of my original CV boots last month so it definitely had nothing to do with "doing it all at once".

Forgot to mention that I didnt get an alignment for about three months because my tires were almost finished so I just let them wear unevenly and got an alignment once the springs had settled and I put my new tires on.