Problems with AC lift front coils

I just want to know the dimensions on the coils from 4x4parts.com to insure that I have the correct size. If anybody knows please post up.

If it is the correct coil then it looks like I am beat out of a strut..

And I will go elsewhere to have them assembled.

i can give u the measurements of the stock coils and ironman lift springs as well to copare but the way the widen at the bottom narrow and square at the top no other nissan 4x4 has that kind of front suspension and considering u got them from a nissan 4x4 store i would go with there the right spring. WHAT I WOULD ALSO DO IS GO BACK TO WHOEVER ASSEMBLED THAT STRUT KICK OPEN THE DOOR AND THROW THAT STRUT AT THE COUNTER AND DEMAND THEY BUY U A NEW ONE

• Like 3

i can give u the measurements of the stock coils and ironman lift springs as well to copare but the way the widen at the bottom narrow and square at the top no other nissan 4x4 has that kind of front suspension and considering u got them from a nissan 4x4 store i would go with there the right spring. WHAT I WOULD ALSO DO IS GO BACK TO WHOEVER ASSEMBLED THAT STRUT KICK OPEN THE DOOR AND THROW THAT STRUT AT THE COUNTER AND DEMAND THEY BUY U A NEW ONE

:yeahthat: Yessir, that is it. Definitely. I had the exact kind of damage to one of the struts on my Neon when I used stiffer springs for autoX. The installer (read, me :blush02: ) screwed up and cross threaded the nut.

That is crossthreading without a doubt. Broken threads due to pressure alone would not show crossthread scoring (middle of the threaded area) and one would actually see the bolt (part with the threads) stretch a bit, allowing the nut to basically run over the threads themselves (they would loook like the threads at the bottom, rounded off in one direction...up).

Take it back to the shop and :whip: get them to replace the strut for you. :angry: Basterds...

Edited by Bluewulf73

So I have confirmed that I have the correct springs and the measurements are correct. I have spoken with Mike from 4x4parts.com so it looks like it is indeed the mechanics fault on this one. I will have to stop by there sometime today and see what he has to say, I want a new strut out of this.

Lol, I feel better now knowing i am not the only one who has cross threaded a strut nut. I currently have a KYB Excel-G sitting in my garage that looks exactly the same.

Make sure, if using aftermarket (non-oem) strut mounts, that you use the metal spacer that comes with the kit!!!!! If you do not then the nut bottoms out on the threads and will cross thread as you try to get it tight.

I CANNOT stress this enough. I actually read a thread on here where the OP didn't use the spacer and said everything was alright, which is why I did not use it. However, if you look at the OEM mount, the spacer is built in to the mount.

• Like 1

Lol, I feel better now knowing i am not the only one who has cross threaded a strut nut. I currently have a KYB Excel-G sitting in my garage that looks exactly the same.

Make sure, if using aftermarket (non-oem) strut mounts, that you use the metal spacer that comes with the kit!!!!! If you do not then the nut bottoms out on the threads and will cross thread as you try to get it tight.

I CANNOT stress this enough. I actually read a thread on here where the OP didn't use the spacer and said everything was alright, which is why I did not use it. However, if you look at the OEM mount, the spacer is built in to the mount.

if i could like this a million times i would

I have new Monroe Strut-Mate strut mounts that include the spacer so I will make sure that this is used this next time. I don't know exactly what had happened since I wasn't at the shop nor did I do it myself. I didn't have a higher end spring compressor that's why I figured a garage would have no problem doing it. We will see with this next go around. Hopefully it all works out and I can install the fronts and my wheels/tires taking up space in my house.

I did mine with a heavy duty, wall mount spring compressor & had no problems at all with the nuts. Maybe they didn't compress the spring far enough or tightened it too far without the spacer :shrug::thumbsdown: Regardless, they owe you a strut. :angry:

So they tightened the nut down too far beyond the threads using a mondo impact wrench which messed up the threads? that sorta explains what happened but I would think that would only mess up the threads on the nut and potentially some bottom threads on the shaft but the middle part of the shaft looks to be ground smooth (not the flat part which probably happened as the nut torpedoed out).