New to nissans

Hello npora

Just bought my first pathfinder. Stock 2001 se. Love it. I've always had jeeps. Glad to be a part of something new. From Bonney lake Washington. 20 minutes away from Evans creek. Can't wait to meet new people with common a common interest!

Emma

• Like 1

I used to live in Washington, I really miss it. I lived in Mt. Rainier's shadow for 4 years. I actually saw Mt. Rainier cast a shadow from a rising sun twice, it was a perfect straight edge right off the (from NW looking SE) left jagged edge of the caldera.

My father in law has a 2000 pathfinder. I see alot more older ones that are beat to crap than nicer ones. But I'm excited to hopefully join in on some runs. My work is about half hour away from Elbe too. I'm right in the center of all the fun. Out my window at work I have a straight shot of mount rainier. I see some awesome sun rises.

• Like 1

My father in law has a 2000 pathfinder. I see alot more older ones that are beat to crap than nicer ones. But I'm excited to hopefully join in on some runs. My work is about half hour away from Elbe too. I'm right in the center of all the fun. Out my window at work I have a straight shot of mount rainier. I see some awesome sun rises.

I remember Elbe! Is that the little town that has the all the insane chainsaws in the gas station, and the Hobo inn out front? Man that's such a great drive going up through there, Hwy 7 I think it is? I know it went like from East gate Ft. Lewis: Spanaway then Elbe, Ashby, The Hobo Inn, then came the metal artwork guy, then the little cafe on the left with the alphabet made from tree roots, and then it was on up Route 5, or was it 6, the old logging road that wound up the foothills. I made that trip a bunch of times.

If I were going to have a newer Pathfinder, yours would be the generation I'd want, post first wave of R50s but before the really big facelift in like 05..I don't like those.

Elbe is a great little place. Super quiet and peaceful. Wish bonney lake was that way still.

The pathfinders after mine are great for soccer moms who camp at koa. I wouldn't take one up a forest service road and get it all scratched up. And the brand new ones look like a crossover. Spay and neuter your SUVs so crossovers don't keep happening.

• Like 5

Elbe is a great little place. Super quiet and peaceful. Wish bonney lake was that way still.

The pathfinders after mine are great for soccer moms who camp at koa. I wouldn't take one up a forest service road and get it all scratched up. And the brand new ones look like a crossover. Spay and neuter your SUVs so crossovers don't keep happening.

Nice Emma, you'll fit in just fine! :D

Welcome to NPORA and thanks for the intro!

Yeah, there are a lot of members up in Washington and I recognise the names Evans Creek and Elbe from what they post so you'll be in good hands. :aok:

Any plans to modify your caR50? If so, you came to the right place... ;)

B

Yes I will be Doing stuff to her. First things first lift and new tires. I have highway terrains on her now..... No bueno. Not sure what type of lift ill be doing. Anyone have suggestions?

Yeah, read in the 1996-2004 section... :tongue:

You can lift it up to 2-3" with springs and spacers, any higher requires a bit more effort and cash. Generally 2-3" sufices for most as it makes plenty of clearance for 31" tires.

B

Welcome! Yep, there is a few of us members up here. Good to know your in Bonney lake. Was just talking the other day about a summer run up there. We did the annual Mr. Jim run there a few years ago. I will get a link to the vid.

Evans...

Elbe, last year(march)...

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 1

Oh fun! I want to go! My pathfinder needs a lift pronto. I have pictures of her that I can't figure out how to put up here yet. Ill figure it out tonight.

Ill make some tshirts. Hahaha. Is there a place to buy stickers here?

That would make a great slogan for T shirts!

If you want decals hit up fleurys, he has a lot of cool stuff. Most of us have at least one or two of his decals, someone has to keep him out of the poorhouse :laugh:

Edited by theexbrit

What 5523 said, you can do more if you have good tread instead. :scratchhead: Did I just type that? I mean, I'm a poet at heart but, I stink at rhyming. Anywho, I'd go with some big knobby tires before any sort of suspension lift.