vg33e twin turbo swap?

I have an opportunity to buy a 300zx twin turbo whole car runs and drives for next to nothing (bad side impact damage) & was thinking bout dropin the vg33E twin turbo into pathy. 1 Is it it possible? Im sure it is but not sure enough to buy the stuff 2 how hard would it be 3 anyone else done this?

Even if i don't do a full swap id like to use the turbos and anything else that's compatible and will get me a lil more power

U can do the full swap if u have both vehicles. It will fit with a 3" body lift. U have to take the two transmissions apart as well I believe to swap the bellhousing to run the 4wd trans with the vg30dett engine

that build is sweet but its a vg30e-tt not a vg30dett, dual overhead cam vg. It has a lot more power stock than the single but has a lot more complexity and things to go wrong.

it is also physically much larger due to the intake manifold design. (i own a 1990 vg30de 300zx and a 1993 vg33e pathfinder so I have both side by side to compare)

they are both amazing motors but if I had the full twin turbo setup including low KM engine I would swap the whole thing in, dual cam engine and all.

You could use the turbos off that engine and make a twin turbo vg30e but it wouldnt have as much power, as easilly anyways. either way is going to be quite custom and involve a lot of work, probably about an equal amount honestly so that is pretty much a wash.

vg30dett with just simple bolt ons will make well over 400whp and hold that all day long on a completely stock block/heads. The vg30e's 13 head bolts does make a difference to hold boost but it has a much weaker crank than the vg30dett so its your call. a VG33e-tt would be pretty epic though. It has a stronger crank and better flow, it still wont make the power or revs of the dett but it will have enough!

The VTC of the VG30DETT actually does increase low end torque substantially while maintaining high rpm power as well. It is also a more efficient engine. My z32 gets 28mpg in a 3400lb car.

I would swap the whole thing in if it was me though!

Edited by Nefarious

Well i went looked at the car it wasn't nearly as bad as they said i could and might buy and fix it pretty cheap then it would become my daily and my pathy would be my trail and bad weather vehicle