rear coil swap

jdubs12

So i have read that a lot of ppl put jeep coils in the rear for a 2" lift....this sounds cool but I have a few questions/problems to adress before pursuing it:

1) is this hard? I have my house till may 15th then move into a condo and will not be able to do vehicle work myself anymore...

2) what were the coils exactly?

3) i have rancho rs5000 on the back...not the ones used for lifts, but the guy at NAPA said they could support a lift of 1.5 - 2 " no problem....is this risky ?
4) what is required tool wise

I want to do something significant to it while I have a driveway...

1) No. It is so easy, some people do it without spring compressors.

2) Let me find you the link... http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/18-rear-spring-options-for-lifting-your-wd21-pathy/

3) No risk. I have stock length shocks and jeep coils. If you don't remove your sway bar you'll probably never know the difference, but without the sway bar, the shocks will probably limit travel. I believe it is also discussed in the link.

4) Jack, jack stands, wrenches or socket set and spring compressors (recommended)

If you have what you need and a buddy to help for a bit, consider it a 2 hour job.

B

I just did it with the moog jgc coils and the only thing really is getting jack stands high enough so you can drop the axle far enought below the truck. If you dont have blocks you can just remove the wheels to get the extra drop.