1 inch spacers

98r50fan

I took the struts out and made a cardboard one, then made a plywood one (Easy to sand to perfection) then made them from one inch uluminum block...It was PITA to cut the aluminum!!!

Wood? How long did it hold? Or was it just a template?

<br />

<br />I would love to purchase some from NX4 and support those who provide for the R50s but its just so expensive. I have a friend who owns a steel shop and would like to do the same.

<br />

<br />Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

Wood? How long did it hold? Or was it just a template?

<br />

<br />I would love to purchase some from NX4 and support those who provide for the R50s but its just so expensive. I have a friend who owns a steel shop and would like to do the same.

<br />

<br />Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

The wood was a template i used to make the aluminum ones i have. It's not a basic shape that can be measured and simply drawn out...

Here's how i made the cardboard template

Pull the strut completely, Then using a piece of carboard, Drop the carboard on top of Part#54320 (refer to fleurys post above) and tap the cardboard with a wood block so the bolts on part #54322 make indents on the cardboard. Cut out the indents for the bolts and place over the bolts. Here's the tricky part...The outer edges of the center hole to the center of the bolts is about 5/8", measure in 5/8" from the CENTER of the bolts and mark the cardboard, Then use a compass to draw a circle connecting these marks and cut out the circle. The circle should be about 4 1/16" diameter. Drop the cardboard over the bolts and trim to match the outside edges....bring the template to your friend and see if he can make one.

I had to make three or four cardboard ones until i was happy with the way it lined up

When its time, I'd support Fluerys and just order some from him. T6 Aluminum, threaded and Powder coated.

Most of the machine shops around me would charge about ~$150 just to CNC cut/mill the spacers. No threading and I would still have to get em powder coated afterwards.