Where to place the XM SKYFI2 Receiver

findmypath

I have a 03 LE and I got a XM Satellite radio over christmas and now I'm trying to find the best place to mount the cradle but I just can't seem to find a good spot. If there are any owners with Pathy's that have SKIFI receivers mounted in a good spot I would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Seriously, the trash can is the best place to mount one of those. I have a few friends who have/ had it, and they all agree it not what it's cracked up to be. While it offers commercial free music, the selection of stations actualy worth listening can be counted on two hands. This, with a monthy loop of the same music on those few channels. What that means is that the stations pretty much make a playlist, hit play, and change the playlist about once a month, if that. Finally, the service isn't that great. While it still is a growing system, there were wayyyyy to many holes where no signal was available, and this is in the Bay area mind you. Hope I didn't piss you off, just wanted to let you know what to expect.

M.M.

Sorry man but I think you are WAYYYYY off if you are dissing XM (or Sirius) Radio. I have XM and absolutely love it - both of my roomates have also added it since listening to mine over the last semester. One of them just got it earlier this week in his Tacoma and he bought the Roady2 - findmypath, I would say return the SKIFI2 and get the Roady2. My roomate got it for $100 at Wal-Mart.com. It is much smaller than the SKIFI2 so you could mount it down by the shifter. I know of a perfect spot on my 01 but I think the console changed with 02+. Either way the ROADY comes with a nice mounting system that could stick onto anything. It also has a built in FM modulator (not sure about the SKIFI2). Just my $.02