93 Terrano 4x4 suspension Question.

4x4NZnoob

Hi all,

i am new to 4x4's and this site, so go easy on me.

Yesterday i bought my first Terrano and on the drive home felt it swaying on the rear. Correct me if im wrong but this would suggest sway bars need new rubbers?

Well while on a break at work i found myself admiring my new ride, but the more i looked the more evident it became the front of my terrano sits alot higher than the rear close to 60mm on the drivers side and 75mm on the passengers side. The rear shocks are doing what they must but for the life of me i cant figure this out. Could the coil springs collapse?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if i should post some pics of the anomally.

Thanks in advance.

For sway, yes, that could be the sway bar bushings, but since the back is so low and uneven, there is probably more going on. The rear link bushings can contribute as well. Yes, the coil springs can/do sag over the years and you could have lost one of the rubber isolator pads as well. Pictures rarely hurt, but you are probably going to have to crawl underneath to look at minimum.

B

Well this morning i climbed under the beast and took random pics of what i am unsure. I have been trying to get any manuals of the car online but feel cheated at having to pay for them, all links that have been posted for the pdf are dead. Could anyone help in this respect? I will post the pics a little later of the rear suspension. Thanks a heap for the replies.

That is odd, it is usually reliable. As one person stated, they tried a second time and it worked, so it might just be a bandwidth issue? I'll monitor it for a time. I do have a copy but don't know how to host it. I suppose it could be emailed if we can't figure out another way, but that might be a pain.

This link does ask for $5, but I have not used it.

http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/9048871-1995-nissan-pathfinder-service-manual-instant-download

B

Precise, <br />You can put the PDF into a dropbox folder or Google drive folder and share them. Both services are free. <br /><br />Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Hey guys, managed to get ahold of a manual - Thanks Pav.

Scored a second hand rear chrome bumper for $100 to replace the rusted and dull one i have, after some labour intensive polishing managed to get it looking mint.

Jacked up the rear to have a good look and maybe determine the problem all looks as it should so dumbfounded ilet her down again. Once she was again on all fours i noticed that sheis sitting alot better, which would suggest that the shocks are fubar, right?

If the sun shines tomorrow i will give her a good clean and polish and then post some pics.

Hey there james, had a look at your rig its pretty neat dont know what it is but black really makes the car.

Nah bro my rig looks like a dog dragging an itchy arse. think its the springs and have bought a pair just waiting for them to arrive and thinking of away to lift the rear at the same time.

Does any oneknow how the susoension button system works?

IIRC that button is to control the shock settings. Everyone that I know that has these shocks say that it is the first thing that they replace. my Black one is a 93 Pathfinder. Hope your springs come soon. We still want to see some pics.

James