ABS sensor.

Rebelord

Whew that thing was stuck in the spindle like something else.

Took all of 2mins for the wiring harness, but 45min to get the sensor out. Had to tap the new one in softly. But no more ABS light.

Here is a pic I took. u2a2u3u5.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is one reason why I need the ABS working.

he6ydeze.jpg

Thats the work trailer. 2000lbs weight plus usually have about 200-300lbs of tools and parts in the back. But the can on the trailer is the most important piece. Cant get tangled up in a mess in traffic.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Great. I have had my ABS light on for some time now. Mine showed up after a wheeling trip last fall at Uwharrie. My mechanic buddy convinced me that it was just a bad/dirty sensor. How did you diagnose the problem?

In the Brakes FSM. There is a section to diagnose ABS. MIne was pages 40-41. I had to ground a pin on the consult to ground, then turn the key on and the ABS light flashes to give you the codes.

Like pulling codes from OBD 1 cars. 12 is the handshake code.

Check it out. Was able to get the code 26 for Front Left.

I would check to make sure the rings arent caked up etc. But if you have to change a sensor. Definitely shop around. But I was able to get OEM one on Amazon for $104. BTW, right now, Standard Motor Products is making these for Nissan. Mine came in a SMP box, but had Nissan stamped on the sensor and the correct Nissan part number printed on the wire and engraved on the plastic housing.