An Uneventful and Quiet Year with my Pathy...

TahoeRunner

Okay I think, I'll just go with the Dexron ATF then...

The other reason I was hoping for the GL5 in the tcase was if I ordered 2 more quarts of it, I got my shipping free from AAP, but I can't have the ATF shipped to me, so now I don't have enough to get the free shipping :thumbsdown: I know, cry me a river...

Well I bought everything! I ended up going with the following:

5 Qts Redline MT-90 from Amazon for the tranny (ordered with the Exhaust Hanger for only $15!) and they are on the way

3 Qts Valvoline Maxlife Dex III ATF from Napa for the T-case

5 Qts Napa High Perf 80w-90 GL5 Gear Oil for the Front & Rear Diff

And a fresh 4 Qts of Valvoline Maxlife 5w-30 and Fram Tough Guard Filter for the engine (the Maxlife is on sale for only $3.49/qt at Napa!)

Can't wait to do it all! Really interested to see how the Redline does for the shifting.

One thing is that I also bought the LS Additive for the rear because the Napa guy at the counter said that even though the Napa Gear Oil (which is apparently the exact same thing as the Valvoline HP 80w-90 LS but with a Napa label) says its suitable for open and limited slip diffs, he recommends adding the additive anyways if your car calls for the additive.... Does that sound right? I got the LS add just in case but thought I'd run it by you guys and I can return it if its a waste. Is it better to be safe than sorry?

Anyways, got everything I needed for just under $200 which is what I was trying not to go over!

Thanks for all the help and info everyone!