IAC Valve replacement for a 2003 R50 Pathfinder SE

matthew954

Where can I find the IAC Valve for my 03 SE Pathy? I had bought a replacement and couldn't find where it went. The manual for my truck is very vague as to the location. Plus the part I had (sent it back) didn't like anything that was already on the engine. I even took it to 2 mechanics and they were stumped. Would any of you guys know or have an idea atleast. I'm tired of seeing my SES light on lol.

I had it put on the diagnostic tool at Autozone. I forget the actual code but when they researched it, it said that it was a faulty IAC Valve. I'll have to have them check it again to be sure.

The weird thing is when I had the trouble code for the throttle body, the truck ran fine. There was no change in the way it ran up to and after fixing it. Then about an hour after the truck was fixed the light came on again, this time calling for a faulty IAC Valve. Would anyone recommend the diagnostic tools from Harbor Freight? Since I've had the issue with the SES light, I've been kicking around the idea of getting one. But I hate to buy one and it not work with my truck.

I still have my deactivated DROID Incredible. Does it need connected to the cellular network for it to work? I'm using an iphone 5 now

I'm pretty sure I have seen the same thing for I phones as well, but I can't point you to the actual product. Any cheap OBD2 reader that can clear the codes as well will do, whatever they have at the local autoparts store for $30 should be fine. I tent to avoid HF products, especially electronics, but I do gave their multimeter (free) and it seems to work fine.

Regardless, get the actual code (not an interpretation), write it down, download the FSM (Factory Service Manual) from the pinned thread in the Garage section, read the section for that code and follow the diagnostic/repair/replace preocedures listed.

B

Yep, I said that already Rob. Just another case of auto parts employees being clueless. The OP ordered a Bluetooth code reader to pull codes so we can help diagnose the actual issue.

Edited by Towncivilian

Ok, my bluetooth dongle just came in this afternoon. Just plugged it into my Pathy and paired it with my old DROID Incredible. I gotta say this thing is neat and very handy lol. I hit the history for the trouble codes and came up with this one:

P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Higher than Expected.

Edited by matthew954