Oxygen Sensor

GAS

:contract:

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=21

it's a bit down on the first post; 4v6, 4. the last thing before the codes....

4. To clear the ECU of any trouble codes, move the switch to the "DIAGNOSTICS" position then back to the "ON" position and turn off the key.

from my Haynes' manual...

90-95 ...erase the memory by turning the diagnostic mode selector on the ECU fully clockwise. After the inspection lamps have flashed 4 times, turn mode selector fully counterclockwise. This will arease any sig. the ECU has stored concerning a particular component..

for the earlier years they mentioned the same 4 flashes except that you flip the sliding switch on and off and turning the ignition off.

:takebow:

Ah yeah, but if you just replace a part like the intake or something, you can just turn the ECU off to make it reacquaint itself with your truck, right?

Nope, you shouldn't have to remove the seat.

sounds good to me kuz. i just don't think that manover erases the stored error codes but i haven't messed with the darn thing that much... i am sure other's have and may chime in... :)

HI you all.

I have cleared the ECU off errors shall i leave the control screw on the ON posision

after I have turned the ignition key off?

The scrwe was in the middle between ON and DIAGNOSTICS when I saw it first and before I cleared the codes.

I do not dear to turn the engine on before I know where the scrwe should be.

Pleace help the ICEMAN. :wacko:

GAS

Alright, let's see if I understand this. You turn the screw all the way to the right, it flashes the number of the mode (1-5), and then you're supposed to turn it all the way back to the left. If you're in Mode 3 (returning error codes), you can clear the stored codes by disconnecting the battery, or by switching to another mode manually. When you turn the ignition off, it returns to Mode 1, but doesn't lose the stored codes. That about right? (if its not then blame Chilton, not me ;))