Another tire thread about tread

PrecisionX

There was a hint of sarcasm in my post if you didn't catch it. Lol

Totally caught it :laugh: The link is just for those that couldn't, haha. I've got some friends that seem to yet figure out that search engines exist... exhausting! Mr. Google is one of my close buddies.

Uhh rick u need to stop posting cause everytime i look at your rig i have to stop my self from printing out the blueprints and having a sfd made for my truck

Ha! Thanks a lot. :beer: It has taken me 5 years to get it to this point and I'm still chugging along with mod's as I go.

Ugh! DuraTracs are so damn expensive! What is the tread life on them anyway?

I got my 285/75/16 (about 32.8 inches) at Tread Depot in August 2010. They had a flat rate/deal on shipping so all 4 were about $860 delivered to my house (IIRC). I still had to get them mounted and balanced, but I call that a pretty good deal. Based on what I've seen in the past year, I don't think I'll get them for anything near that ever again. You'd think they could have held the price given how well they were selling.

I'm at about 30K miles and will probably sell them on CL when I reach 36K or so (cause it looks like they will still have at least 10-15K of useful tread at that point).

Good luck.

I think I'm going to pass on the retreads

LOL, I knew this would come up when the treadwrights were posted. The process they use is actually used by BFG on tires that have issues after the mold process. And BFG sells them as NEW tires. I don't want to make this a 'to retread or not to retread' debate, but research will show you that this is not a semi-truck recap tire, it is a re-mold process.

Anyway, I digress, I'll shut up now . . . :D

Ugh! DuraTracs are so damn expensive! What is the tread life on them anyway?

Too bad you're so far because I'm looking to go to 32" Duratracs which means my 245/75/16 Duratracs with approx 3k miles on them are for sale...if I can get a fair deal out of them.

LOL, I knew this would come up when the treadwrights were posted. The process they use is actually used by BFG on tires that have issues after the mold process. And BFG sells them as NEW tires. I don't want to make this a 'to retread or not to retread' debate, but research will show you that this is not a semi-truck recap tire, it is a re-mold process.

Anyway, I digress, I'll shut up now . . . :D

Great :my2cents: .