06 Diesel - taking off and missing 1st?

Hayden

Hi everyone,

I need help and am turning to you!

I have a 06 diesel pathy and have loved it till it hit 76000km. It started to miss first when pulling off. Not always though. We took it to the mechanic and he said we needed a new computer. So he installed a new genuine valve body with TCM computer and solenoid assembly and serviced the transmission. Well wouldnt you know 2 years later same thing is happening. Has anyone had a similar issue. We are not too keen on forking out another $3000 to have this fixed.

Cheers

Hayden

Sent it to a auto transmission guy. He tested it it and said it come up with ten faults. He said the auto trans fluid on the dipstick looked good. We sent it to an auto electrician to check the cabling he pulled it all off and reconnected. He couldn't see any issues and it didn't go into limp mode for 100kms then straight back to the limp mode crap again.

Fman i will give the lube guard a go today but i have a feeling it is much worse than that.

Surely Nissan have a warranty on the valve body??

yep give it ago how ever if things go bad again give wholesale automatics a ring in Melbourne they have heavy duty valve bodys pre made for our rigs on an exchange basis along with t/c lockup up kits if you do any real off road work illd also look at a trans temp gauge to see what going on long term

best of luck

nathan

I have posted this in op's other thread but because it was unseen here it is. Also could a mod merge the other thread with this.

Just like the early ford ba series car, the r51 pathfinders have/had the same fluid contamination problem where there is a cross fluid contamination where the engine coolant and transmission fluid cross via the radiators transmission cooler. I don't know if that's what you have but the ba series had the same symptom of missing gears. You could start off by draining your coolant into a clean container and look for any red/pink residue. When your mechanic serviced your pathfinder he probably changed the fluid which would have temporarily fixed your problem. If what I mentioned is your problem buy an aftermarket transmission cooler ASAP.