New to Nissan

jsf

I purchased a 1999.5 Pathfinder about 9 months ago. It is a manual transmission SE that had 95k miles when I purchased it and now has 107k. I have owned several Toyota 4x4's and a Jeep Grand Cherokee in the past. I have a relatively high level of mechanical experience and have been off roading since I was 16.

I have had to do some repairs including replacing the main brake lines to the rear, a new a/c condensor, and a new idler pulley. I have also gotten all my maintenance up to date including new battery, changed all the driveline fluids, new shock and struts, and new timing belt and water pump. I have been surprised by high costs on some replacement parts.

I took a set of manual hubs off of a nissan pick up and installed them and that made a big difference in my fuel economy. I am planning on getting a LSD 3rd member to swap into my truck as well. Any advice on junk yard part upgrades would be appreciated. For some reason I really enjoy pulling parts out of junkyards to updrade my vehicle or build hybrid parts. I have also installed a set of Michelin LTX tires and have been really impressed by the quiet ride that they provide.

The only mods I have planned for the near future are some heavy duty springs and a roof top tent. I enjoy off roading and camping and typicaly go to the outer banks or uwharrie. I have not had a chance to take this truck off road yet but I am looking forward to going to uwharrie in the spring.

Hey there neighbor! Welcome to NPORA. You will find lots of helpful information here when it comes to doing mods and repairs to common problems that we experience with our Pathy's. I too have a 3.3L 99.5 (A/T LE) and frequent Uwharrie with my buddies.

• 3 weeks later...