torsion bar help see video

z33r350z

trying to lift the front right of my truck up i purchased the truck like this figured id just adjust the bar and be good but dosent look right at all now.

in the video as soon as it finishes uploading about 30 mins or so the trucks front wheels are off the ground completely. im new to this kind of suspension set up i read how to adjust theses but the bolt is so lose i think somthing is deff wrong please give me your imput

Edited by RedPath88
Fixed Video & Merged Posts

• 4 weeks later...

Is it still cold or have you found the solution?

It would be interesting to see the front.

This looks like you have it now on stands and wheels hanging. Is it the case? Then this situation seems to be normal.

5523Pathfinder

gave you a link, you should remove the adjustment bolt (the one you show on the vid), jack up your lower link, remove the "anchor arm" (nissan terminology) and re install according to the given procedure.

If somebody has interfered with your front suspension before, you could check the position for the torsion bars, one for left, one for right. They must not be mixed. For identification one end of the bar has a R the other has a L, the mark has to be installed at the rear. No need to say more.

There is no reason that you could not get it right.

Even if this come too late, it would be interesting that you tell us the outcome.

Philippe.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it still cold or have you found the solution?

It would be interesting to see the front.

This looks like you have it now on stands and wheels hanging. Is it the case? Then this situation seems to be normal.

5523Pathfinder

gave you a link, you should remove the adjustment bolt (the one you show on the vid), jack up your lower link, remove the "anchor arm" (nissan terminology) and re install according to the given procedure.

If somebody has interfered with your front suspension before, you could check the position for the torsion bars, one for left, one for right. They must not be mixed. For identification one end of the bar has a R the other has a L, the mark has to be installed at the rear. No need to say more.

There is no reason that you could not get it right.

Even if this come too late, it would be interesting that you tell us the outcome.

Philippe.

thx i actully said f it ill do it when i can take it apart and drive my z for a few days big snow storm hit the crappy roads in my town with huge holes further lowered my truck :/ my buddy tightened it a bit making it no longer rub and i put new tires on and will be doing a 3'' suspension lift anyone know what the average cost of having torsion bars installed is ?

I am very interested in factory settings and the front train, but I can't help with the lift. No experience here. I am sure you will find literature here to get to the end of your project. Winter time is a good time for reading. Good luck in your project.

Philippe.