low rpms?

sroeser01

The last few days its been staring just fine but as soon as it turns over and starts the rpms drop real low to around 4 or 5 hundred for the first few seconds almost stalls out then gradually climbs to a proper idle. Curious as to why. No codes or ses. Clean maf and new air filter. Any help would be awesome thanks

Well it has been a long time since I have looked, but I do know that every wire from the ignition switch is hooked up. So no different than turning the key since there is no chip in mine.

So I went to clean what I thought was the idle air control valve and had to remove part of the intake to get to it. Couldn't remove the idacv and it was getting dark and cold so I starting putting it all back together and now when I start the truck it idles fine but with the clutch all the way in and I shift into gear the rpms jump to 2k...any ideas. I'll work on it this weekend if its not snowing.

Well I do know that when I am cruzing and coming to a stop if I leave it in gear and just put the clutch in the engine idles higher till I come to a complete stop. Now when I put in the clutch and put it in neutral it goes to normal idle.