winter gas mileage

bushnut

so I know mileage may vary....but I'm only getting about 50km to a 1/4 tank. though it has been between -20C and -35C these last few days. sure i let it idle a little longer than normal, but really?

I do have an O2 sensor not functioning on the exhaust but that should't make that much difference.

just before it got cold I was averaging about 450km/ tank. which sounds about normal for a Pathy of my vintage.

this past month I had the timing belt replaced along with a 2 tension pullys and a all of the other belts.. could they have F'ed something up?

gonna check my OBD2 CODES tomorrow and see if anything is wrong.

Thats what i normally do. It usually works out to about 100km/ line on the fuel gauge.@ half a tank I've usually traveled just over 200km but this last week I only managed about 55km to the first line. and 75km at the second. at around $70 per fill this just sucks.

• 2 weeks later...
so I know mileage may vary....but I'm only getting about 50km to a 1/4 tank. though it has been between -20C and -35C these last few days. sure i let it idle a little longer than normal, but really?

I do have an O2 sensor not functioning on the exhaust but that should't make that much difference.

just before it got cold I was averaging about 450km/ tank. which sounds about normal for a Pathy of my vintage.

this past month I had the timing belt replaced along with a 2 tension pullys and a all of the other belts.. could they have F'ed something up?

gonna check my OBD2 CODES tomorrow and see if anything is wrong.

If your exhaust manifold O2 is malfunctioning, it can effect gas milage "A LOT". depending on what its sayin. Other than that, maybe the air intake temp sensor..