Test Drove the 05 Pathfinder

Runnerman

HI Runnerman,

I see youve joined SOXC... if you snoop about you will see we have been lucky enough to get access to the 05 Xterra... we're not allowed to express any opinions on it until Jan 01... (as per Nissan Canada) but we have had it out for test drives on & offroad.

They will have a rear locker... I cant remember if this is an option, or comes standard on the offroad edition. I believe you can find all the stats on http://www.nissannews.com/

we have pics of the '05 on the board, and on our personal site.

Of course they say its bigger and more powerful. Why not harness the technology of the 21st century and leave the drivetrain alone while swapping out some of the heft from the truck in favor of composites or something, in an effort to make a same-sized but lighter and therefore more powerful rig? We already have enough pigs in the form of Hummers and such roaming the locals malls and school parking lots.

:eek: Agreed,

everyone is on the variable cam lobe bandwagon, and for good reason great low gas milage with great upper strength...we only need so much power to get out of a true jam (a winch might work also) and what we currently lack is highway power......so come on Nissan get it straight. Don't they know they are Japanese? Better economy with greater usable power would impress me more (and maybe that winch as a factory option) than just making the engine bay even more impossible to work in and even more trips to that gas pump. Of course that power sounds like a good reason to go into debt, but it is tough to forecast how much extra debt with fluxuating gas prices! :eek:

HI Runnerman,

I see youve joined SOXC... if you snoop about you will see we have been lucky enough to get access to the 05 Xterra... we're not allowed to express any opinions on it until Jan 01... (as per Nissan Canada) but we have had it out for test drives on & offroad.

They will have a rear locker... I cant remember if this is an option, or comes standard on the offroad edition. I believe you can find all the stats on http://www.nissannews.com/

we have pics of the '05 on the board, and on our personal site.

I must be missing it on Nissan news as I can't find where they say there will be a new rear diff locker, I must of checked that site 5/6 times.

I do like the new design of the X with that 5sp auto tranni should get better mileage. I can't wait to tester. But can you say Pezzy what you were getting for mileage or even there estimated numbers?

You guys are pretty darn lucky to test them out as the dealers here haven't even seen one.

Offroad Pkg:

Standard Features

• 6-spoke 16" Alloy Wheels

• Enhanced 4x4 capabilities (Locking rear differential, Hill Descent Control (HDC), Hill Start Assist (HSA), high performance Bilstein Shocks and unique final drive gear ratio)

• Fold-down passenger seat (plenty of room for long items)

• Power windows, locks and mirrors

From the website: Design an 05 Xterra

No - the locker info wasnt on the Nissan news site - sorry...

Actually - most of the dealers here havent seen the 05 Xterra either... we have a member who is working with Nissan Canada to do an article in the paper... we were pretty excited to be included.

I think the milage is about the same as the current version... which is about the same as the pathy... I suppose time will tell for sure.

radio controls: I dont know... I would assume so, only becuase older versions have it - but I dont know for sure.

white faces: I cant say I remember what the faces on the '05 I drove looked like.

Yikes! Over $28K for my '05 Xterra, and that's not even fully loaded! :o On a side note, I've always wondered why the supercharger on the out-going model only scared up another 30hp. Where's the rest? Ditto on the variable valve timing by the way. Got a Vtec in our Acura, and that thing is fun once you hit 4k rpm's. Zzzzzzzzzzzing! :Magic: and off you go.