Finally Pulling The 2" Trigger

drewp29

Yeah, I have had a few occasions where they have. Usually it happens when you are dropping a tire off a ledge. As long as I take it a little slower it is fine. Normal road bumps even at highway speeds are not an issue.

Oh, and rocky2, yes, the camber was a huge PITA. Right now I have the top holes slotted and the spindle locked to the strut body with a camber bolt in the bottom hole at the max angle outward. But, the camber is perfect like this. As the springs settle I should be able to have some range in the negative camber, and I'll probably replace the camber bolts with the stock ones.

I also had to trim quite a bit to fit the tires. The front of the front wells I cut off a bit of the well and moved the screw clips so it pulled the liner towards the front. Then I had to trim the bumper back to match. At the rear of the front well I had to trim the sheet metal behind the liner and then heat gun the liner to push it back. I still have a little rubbing on the outer tread blocks while backing up a hill and turning the wheel.

Edited by drewp29

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks Iceman, it did change the look quite a bit.

Still haven't gotten around to the SFD to solve my CV issue. Getting close though. I'll post it up when I get it finished.

Currently it sits without a front driveshaft, but it drives fine in 2wd so it is still useable.