Great white north diesel

parallax_ca

hello all

Gord up here in the Great White North (more white these days (snow that is!)

anyway

bought a 90 diesel 2.7 JDM Terrrano, a deal i could not pass up

I have a 91 Mistubishi Delica too and up in the air about which to keep for offroading, any advice?

i understand the 2.7 is a CHAIN engine, is this correct, so no timing belts to deal with (the mitsu has those, though this one is good for another 100k)

I would like to mod the PF if i keep her, have seen S15 Blazers with the rear section cut out and a softop pout on, making a mini-avalanche... anyone with thoughts on that?

thx

craxy gord with crazy ideas

i understand the 2.7 is a CHAIN engine, is this correct, so no timing belts to deal with (the mitsu has those, though this one is good for another 100k)

I thought the TD27 has gear driven cam, no chain.

The engine bay on the Delica looks pretty snug, I wouldn't like to try and fix anything in there with big foots and grizzlys about.

Welcome to the club Gord...some wild ideas indeed...I have seen 2 door versions cut out like you said Avalanche style. You are lucky to be able to register right hand drive vehicles in Ontario...they have been outlawed in Quebec. Would love to see some pics...the Terranos have nice aesthetic touches. Cheers :)

Edited by Pav

Welcome and congrats on the rare find, on this continent anyway! Personally I'd stick with the Terrano, but then I'm biased towards them and know them better. Chop tops/soft tops are fun and all, but I'm certain I wouldn't want one in snow country.

B