Uh oh

4doordrift

The Skyline's a right hooker? Is it a British model or one of those other crazy countries that like to drive on the wrong side of the road? :crazy:

Skylines were only ever made RHD, Its from japan. I had it imported 8 years ago through a friend of mine. I think it was a family car before i had it. Its got to be 15 years or older to import

• Like 1

Importing a car into the states is a pain. It has to be 25 years old for starters.....

Sweet Skyline. I'd like a Stagea.

Im also a fan of the stagea's especially with the R34 front end. I'm planing on picking up a R34 GTR for my daily street fighter within 2 years, and finishing my car into track only. Further plans are to have a Jzx100 as a daily. and i was even thinking of a Nissan Patrol for my serious offroad rig.

Now your screen name makes sense! Nice car. Those Skylines are awesome. As rare as they are here, I saw them all over the place when I was stationed in Okinawa for a year. Man, I wish I would have brought one home!

• Like 1

Now your screen name makes sense! Nice car. Those Skylines are awesome. As rare as they are here, I saw them all over the place when I was stationed in Okinawa for a year. Man, I wish I would have brought one home!

What were you doing in Okinawa?? I know a few guys that bring cars in from japon regularly if you are looking for a source

I'd be happy with a 67-72 SSS Bluebird. I'll have to wait 8 more years to legally import a Stagea. A place called Motorex was importing Skylines for a while here, but it ended up being a giant mess in the end.

What were you doing in Okinawa?? I know a few guys that bring cars in from japon regularly if you are looking for a source

I was in the Navy, and stationed there. A lot of use were talking about bringing back cars, but the Navy had all sorts of rules and stuff to make it difficult.

• Like 1

Without going overly into details, what makes it such a mess?

Well in my case I drove the car down from Canada but I didn't import it at that time. So when I wanted to register it in the US I had to physically drive over the Mexican border (I live near San Diego) & back into the states & import it then, which was a shee-ite load of paperwork. I also had to send copies of all my vehicle docs & write to Dodge USA to get a sworn affidavit that this vehicle met the US smog standards, then get a statement from the Canadian DMV saying that the vehicle had not been modified in anyway as far as they knew. :suicide: Then I had to do all the US DMV stuff to register the vehicle, etc, etc. It doesn't sound like much but remember I was dealing with government agencies all round, & they are not known for their efficiency & speediness. :headwall: All in all it was a TON of paperwork & took me about 3 months to get the car register for US plates. This was back in 1992 so it may be a little different now. :shrug: