Pro Comp radial all terrain

Trogdor636

I found the tire review thread, but didnt see a mention of these. Plus maybe some members dont realize there is a tire review thread? I've seen some reviews for them, but a lot of times I find tire reviews to not be that great (like people putting a 6 ply tire on a giant F350 and towing a motorohome and then complaining that the tires suck) so I'm sort of wondering if anybody has had these. Maybe someone has a friend with a vehicle with like sized tires (basically not somebody rolling on 37's and up) and can comment. 4wheelparts.com has a pretty decent deal, it would be like 580 for a set of 4 shipped to my door, basically a instant rebate making a tire almost free. I believe Cooper makes them, and they have a 50k mile warranty which seems pretty unusual for a decent looking A/T.

Link to tire: http://www.4wheelparts.com/Tires/31x10-50R-15-Radial-All-Terrain-Tire.aspx?t_c=13&t_s=157&t_pt=100806&t_pl=3357&t_pn=PCT15031

I had a pair of them I got used once (was a set of 4, 2 knock off brand tires and 2 ProComps) I ran one my 93 4x4 HB of the past. The knock-offs had less tread and were on the out-of-allignment front end but the ProComps went to the trash first looking like the tread was drawn on with magic marker (and the truck didn't haul anything, I was generally adamant about my air pressure, and was never wheeled on that set). Compound could have gotten better since then though

Honestly, it's probably close to 7-8 years ago. Not exactly a 'current' observation but just my past experience. As I said, they have had time to change things and mine were used to begin with