Stalling

lonfitton

I am sorry if I am not using this site properly. The information I am looking for is my 1988 Nissan pathfinder with the V6 engine and Auto trans. Runs perfectly, start easy etc. etc. however sometimes on decelerating and turning either left or right the engine will quit. No warning just quit. I slide the trans into nuetral and turn the key and it restarts with no problem. I have taken each electical connection ( under the hood) unclipped them , cleaned and blown out with compressed air. I just dont know where to look next. We live in Baja,Mexico part of the year and the car is located there. So far not much help from the basic mechanics available. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou for such a grat site. Lon Fitton , bajafittons@yahoo.com

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like it is chokeing out from lack of fuel or air when you make a turn and the weight shifts forward and to the side.

Check the connection to the Mass air flow Sensor. It is on the Venturi chamber on the VG30i.

Since you are in a Baja there is lots of dust there right?

Fuel filter could be clogged causing low fuel pressure.

I would also look at every vacuum hose on the motor to make sure they are not cracked or split on the ends starting with the ones to the fuel pressure regulator.(back of the venturi chamber)

Lastly, check your engine and battery grounds.

You can also download the Factory Service Manual here on this site, it has some nice trouibleshooting step by steps that might get you going int he right direction or at least eliminate some possibilities.

Besides checking to see if there are any code stored in the ECM (theres a write up here somewhere on checking them, on my phone ATM though so if you domt find it/get linked ill look once im on my desktop) Alkorahil basically covered the good way to start tackling your issue :aok: