Motive Bleeder and Bleeding R50 Brakes.

96Pathfinder4x4

Anyone use the Motive Bleeder? I've found on my other cars that it's the easiest and most efficient way to flush my lines.

If so, what adapter do you use for your R50?

I read that the ford adapter fits, but not sure which one. Adapter is $25....rather buy the adapter than another tool.

Can anyone solidify the answer before I order?

Thanks!

Edited by 96Pathfinder4x4

I saw some thread where a guy made one and it looked pretty easy and cool. I'm going to make one and it's a whole lot cheaper. He used a pump sprayer from any hardware store and some hose and fittings and dorman cap, drilled it and put his fitting and it works fine. I was thinking about getting a cap from a junk yard and making my own set up on the cheap.

Check this thread out:

http://www.bmw-m.net/TechProc/bleeder.htm

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I tried making one myself, but it didn't work out too well....brake fluid EVERYWHERE.

I took a stock replacement...well Autozone sells one for a Ford that fits. I used a brass feedthrough and cut the gasket to fit around it. Pumped my Motive up to about 6psi (directions state 10psi) and brake fluid seeped everywhere. It just didn't seal well enough. :/

In the idea of keeping all the info together....a couple of things I learned: 1) for ABS, disconnect the ABS unit or disconnect the battery 2) If you have LSV, you have to bleed it first.

I too have the Motive bleeder so I'm interested in how you went about getting it to work on the Pathy.

What's LSV? I've never bothered bleeding the ABS units in the past, they keep the fluid under a fair bit of pressure.

Edited by stioc
  • Like 1

The LSV is the load sensing valve. You can find it above your rear diff. I guess you'd bleed it just like a caliper or wheel cylinder. You need to bleed this first, then the left rear, right rear, left front, right front according to the FSM.

• Like 1

Thanks TC, I didn't know about it.

I think I'm going to use my MityVac hand pump instead of the Motive because I ain't gonna pay $40 for their adapters each time I change cars. Maybe the universal one but it looks pretty hoky with chains and stuff.