1990 pathy problem.

1990pathy

So my pathy has an issue where it likes to bogg out only when cold or at first start up when I start to take off. It will back fire(once and a while) and just have no power. Where would I start. I know it's not the Maf wire. That's good. I do notice when I will be on the freeway my check engine lite will flicker on. When I let off the gas it goes away(this is another thing wrong) then when back on throttle the light comes on. Tps sensor bad maybe. I just don't know. Fuel pump going out !!! Thank you in advance for any help. I'm not on here much

^Yep. It could be a lot of things and that is the best thing to check first as it is free and easy and can point you at the issue. There is a write up on the procedure in the Garage/How To section.

B

Ok so it threw two codes 33 heated oxygen sensor and 45 fuel injector leak!!! Anyone know how to look for a leak. I don't smell has and there's no wet spots where the fuel injectors are

Pull the plugs and compare them, the black and/or wet one(s) are the issue. Running rich might have fouled your O2 sensor, and you might be able to 'clean' it with a torch like 88pathoffroad did.

B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Failure mode means what part of the system has failed, or what off of the list that could be a culprit. In your example, there are only a few ways an injector can leak.

Ok, did you pull the plugs? Did you identify the cylinder?

B