alternator noise

IndianScout

I finally got around to installing my system in my `95 Pathfinder, I get it all hooked up and everything is working great.

but when I push the radio back into it's hole in the dash below the ashtray, I immediately get alternator noise, pull it out of the hole and it completely quite

is there a B+ wire or something running above or near where the radio mounts in, I've tried every known grounding method and went as far as RCA & power filters,

they help a tiny bit as soon as I put in that first mounting screw there it is..

anyone run into this problem with your pathfinder?

Hi there,

seems to me from your description you are picking up harness noise, not alternator noise. your wires running power to your radio are too near an EGI harness that sends out electrical signals. the radio wiring is picking that up. i would look and see how close the radio wires are to the harness going to the ECU first.

if you ran wires under the carpet to go the the RH front door or to the rear you probably layed these wires over or too near the harness to the ECU and are getting signal from that harness.