suspension question

IndianScout

I have a question,

on my stock `95 Pathfinder it has the typical torsion sag, so I plan on buying new rear springs with 1½" lift then crank up the torsion to level it out, will I run into any problems doing this?

Plus it will allow me to run a bigger tire with the lift.

Problems? Just make sure you spray the torsion bar adjusters and bolts really well with nut buster and get a big hammer and pry bar to get the anchors off. :) Then just pray you dont have to use more force like some do. haha. but i hhve Jeep grand cherokee v8 front coils in for my springs. and cranked tbars. its doing pretty well!

Okay, so before. You couldnt see the fram at all behind the tire and it sat like this:

426392_329923913711410_1530171207_n.jpg

Then coils and a crank (the tbars have since been readjsuted and settled. it sits level. you can see the frame and its much taller.

422277_332578196779315_1084579499_n.jpg

• Like 1

wow! so is this a like a part lift? sorry noob over here but why would you pay for a lift if you can just buy rear springs and crank the tbar up a bit more? unless its not this easy? i too have 31' tires on my truck and when i go offroading it rubs on the frame pretty bad when shes flexing... would buying 3' rear springs and crank the tbars up fix this?

Part lift?

The only thing with cranking the tbars is more wear and tear on the CV boots (in 4wd only) and ball joint and TRE and such. other than that there really isnt a reason. and for 40$ for a set of used springs... its way worht it. mine were pulled for 40$.

the front or rear rubs? if the rear rubs i think that has to do with your wheel/tire combo. the front may be slightly fixed with a tbar crank. i dont know really...

Part lift?

The only thing with cranking the tbars is more wear and tear on the CV boots (in 4wd only) and ball joint and TRE and such. other than that there really isnt a reason. and for 40$ for a set of used springs... its way worht it. mine were pulled for 40$.

the front or rear rubs? if the rear rubs i think that has to do with your wheel/tire combo. the front may be slightly fixed with a tbar crank. i dont know really...

the rear dont rub unless there is extreme flex (offroading wise) the fronts only rub if i turn my wheel all the way to either the left or right

yeah your stock chromie wheels dont have the right offset for the width of your tire. what do you have? 31x10.50's? those wheels are meant for the stock 235's... haha. :)

Edited by Kyle94

The aftermarket Upper control arms allow you to crank in more lift while keeping the ball joint angles closer to stock and they make it easier to have the front end aligned. Some people replace the rubber bump stops with low profile ones but if you raise the front end that much you will have almost no downward suspension travel and the truck will ride very rough. You should have about a half inch or slightly more between the upper control arm and the bump stop.

This is my 94 PF after I re-indexed the torsion bars to bring the front back up level with the rear, no lift in the rear, notice the angle of the lower control arms, if they are angled further down you probably have the front raised too much.

2m34tg6.jpg

yeah your stock chromie wheels dont have the right offset for the width of your tire. what do you have? 31x10.50's? those wheels are meant for the stock 235's... haha. :)

those photos are old i have cragar 15x8 4" BACKSPACING

this is how she sits now........

255418_3613964589733_1151828678_n.jpg

those photos are old i have cragar 15x8 4" BACKSPACING

this is how she sits now........

255418_3613964589733_1151828678_n.jpg

The amount those tires are sticking out are you sure they are only 8's? They look how my hardbody looked when I was running 10's:

33/12.50's on 15 x 10's:

ae73mh.jpg

33/12.50's on 15 x 8's:

2extq1w.jpg

• Like 1

which springs should I get, I'll get them tomorrow and I cut off about 1.5"??

why cut them? i mean you have to cut the narrow top coil off. but why cut them short? id just leave them.

you need the front coils from a jeep grand cherokee v8. FRONT and V8. :)

the yellow tagged ones are the ones i got. and seem to be the best ones from what i read. i forget what years. but as long as you get something around the 1994 year range. and from a v8 they will be fine. there is a way to measure the size of the coil. but id have to find it.

The amount those tires are sticking out are you sure they are only 8's? They look how my hardbody looked when I was running 10's:

33/12.50's on 15 x 10's:

ae73mh.jpg

33/12.50's on 15 x 8's:

h

this is the specs of the rims i beleive i have.... bought them on craigslist so maybe the guy didnt know what he had?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-3425860/