Anyone looked in Hurricane Headers (Headers in general?)

ferrariowner123

I came across on the POcA Forums a company called Hurricane Headers, and they seem to be the only company (that i can find) that makes an aftermarket bolt on set, designed specifically for out engine and vehicle.

Here is a link to distributor, (Hurricanes website is rather useless).

http://www.bestmufflers.com/bshop/product_info.php?products_id=4257{55}65&osCsid=835a49e8b0e3679dd734292a8c0f9076

I did a quick search and came across this;

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/9032-got-new-headers-on-my-r50/page__p__124988__hl__+hurricane%20+headers?do=findComment&comment=124988

I've Also heard that you can modify Rugged Rocks, VG30 headers by fitting longer studs? IIRC.

But i was just wondering if anyone else has done anything for our engine in terms of headers?

I have been considering getting my exhaust done in the near future and was wondering what peoples experiences are. I heard it makes a difference according to most but dynos.

-Kyle

• Like 1

the vg33 has thicker studs IIRC... you just have to drill the holes for the studs out on the vg30 heades... but id ask steevo for sure. or beastpath. he has vg30 headers on his vg33 in his wd21. :)

Btw... i love your truck D: (sig pic)

the vg33 has thicker studs IIRC... you just have to drill the holes for the studs out on the vg30 heades... but id ask steevo for sure. or beastpath. he has vg30 headers on his vg33 in his wd21. :)

Btw... i love your truck D: (sig pic)

Thanks for the info, ill shoot them a PM

And than you for the complement.

Also, whats stopping me from trying to fit the AC headers? all the make are one for the later WD's with i presume had 3.3's, either way i can drill it out, are ours pathy's that much different of a configuration, to where i can delete the rear collector and just keep the dual setup in the muffler?

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/headers-pathfinder-c-367_266_350.html

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Well, i just got an email back from the muffler place in Austrailia.

Being that they have RHD pathfinders, they are fairly confident that they will not fit on our LHD cars.

Which sucks.

But if you know of a way to get headers on our cars, please tell!

-Kyle

wd21's never came with a vg33. but you will NOT want to run a true dual exhaust. i think thats what your saying? the truck will have less power than what you started with... :O

Get headers from steevo. Just check with him or beastpath for sure. :) only reason i see it not working is the way they are shaped and run along side the engine. im not sure how the clearance is on a car50... :D

I think the difference with the R50 is the two convertors. The WD21 has a Y pipe into one convertor. From what the Australian site said the headers came with two flanges that you weld to your convertor on each side.

James

wd21's never came with a vg33. but you will NOT want to run a true dual exhaust. i think thats what your saying? the truck will have less power than what you started with... :O

Get headers from steevo. Just check with him or beastpath for sure. :) only reason i see it not working is the way they are shaped and run along side the engine. im not sure how the clearance is on a car50... :D

Huh, i always thought they did, my bad.

And is the reason you want it to cross back over into single is because you will get a high back pressure, increasing torque? (i could be right, or showing how little i actually know. :laugh: )

Its true dual right now until it hits the factory muffler. why would opening up the size of the pipe have any more effect that allowing it breath better? unless that stock size is the reason the back pressure regulated. :shrug:

But as far as fitting, the blocks are very similar right? Being the same series and all.

steevo is the forum rep for Rugged Rocks right? I'll shoot him an email, seeing if hes willing to do this experiment with me. lol

Hopefully i can unlock some HP out of my engine.

I wonder if you could do a centrifugal supercharger for less money and effort.

Isn't a full supercharger set with inter cooler and all of the other things needs run over $1500? only to run around 2-3psi to avoid getting a forged lower end?

This exhaust is going to be well under a grand.

Thanks guys

-Kyle

Edited by ferrariowner123

Hey guys,

Yes I'm the rep for rugged rocks, I actually own the company.

DT Headers are in production specifically for the WD21 again after not being made wince 2006. They are 50 state legal and should be ready to ship by the end of the month.

You can order them online at rugged rocks here:

https://ruggedrockso...&keywords=464-2

Edited by SteeevO

• 4 weeks later...