Need to replace exhaust hangers

TahoeRunner

Okay I think, my original text didn't make it on here or something. Thats wierd.

I have two broken exhaust hangers. The one for the muffler and the one just upstream from the cat I believe that mounts to the side of the transfer case. they are the sandwich style with the rubber block between the two plates. I think the one at the transfer case has a slightly different mount but i'm not sure. I didn't get a super good look, but both are are split down the middle of the rubber block. Are these just bolted in and how hard are they to change, its pretty tight in there from what I can tell.

We had a database problem that deleted a few recent posts, and it still occasionally does odd things. It's not you... ;)

Sorry, no stock exhaust to look at but I recall them being bolt on? Have you looked in the FSM? There should eb a description at least, if not a diagram.

B

Yeah I was looking at that hanger. I actually went to napa on Saturday and they looked it up in one of their catalogs and he was able to give me the part number for the one that attached to the muffler that was just like this, but the diagram didn't show the one just like this that attaches ahead of the cat to the T-case. I'm having trouble finding that one. it looks similar, but looks like it end of the bracket is bent to mount up... not sure. They have to order them either way as they don't have them in stock. I've seen that same hanger on Amazon for $15 and free shipping if I order two of them.

Precise1: I forget as its been a while, is there a link on the forum for the FSM? I don't have one otherwise.

Where do you live in N. Nevada Dirtx?

• 2 weeks later...

You can get them directly from Summit too. In fact you can even get stainless steel hangers.

I need to replace mine also thats when i found the ones at NAPA. Ill look at summit also Thanks..

Also Tahoe Runner asked where I live. Well I live in Wellington and work in Tahoe. Hope ya get you truck the way you want it.

• 1 year later...