245/75/16 or 236/85/16 with OME lift on stock SE wheels

stioc

Hey guys, I'm wondering how the truck (OME lift approx 1.75") would look if I got the 245/75/16 or 235/85/16? What can I say I prefer tall and skinny chuckle.gif Anyone has any pics of this setup?

Since my Pathy sees a fair amount of off-road duty (as well as lots of freeway miles) where the suspension really gets stretched to its limits I'm hoping it won't cause any rubbing issues. The tires I'm considering are the Duratracs.

Thanks guys, so far so good then. Does anyone have a pic or two? I'm wondering if they look proportionate with a 2" lift? I don't like the little donut looking wheels on a lifted truck and at the same time I don't like the wheels too huge either.

No to plus +1 the 245/75/16 are a nice fit and plenty wide enough.

I am up in BC so mostly rock and creek crossings, wider does not really help that much. Besides either taller or wider means some kind of additional lift, those just clear the struts at the back.

I am a firm believer in where cattails grow stay away, same with mud.

Of course up here, I am about an hour out of Vancouver, 30 minutes from home just hitting dirt there is no cell service. I do have a VHF radio, but that gets spotty in the hills. So getting really stuck or breaking something can be along hike home, in my case 60 to 100 miles. I mostly travel alone too so care matters.

Besides I learned to 4x4 with the armed forces reserve, jeeps, really skinny tires with little 4 bangers. You get pretty good at picking ground and routes after awhile.

I ran 255/85/16's on my xterra for years (BFGmt) great off road and little penalty on road, got 33x10.50s on the 92 now, pizza cutters are the way to go.

Dear Andy,

I'm thinking about 255/85/16 and currently running 265/75/16 with 2 inch lift

Do you have any pic of your set? Thank you very much.

We went with 255/70R16 Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor w/Kevlar as we do a lot of highway miles to and from locations, but everyone I have talked to loves their DuraTrac's.

Just a hair under 30" and have a slightly wider footprint for our AZ sand.

This is on OME HD fronts and MD rears (RR shiped our parts very fast, like 4 days).

Gained 2 1/2" up front and 2 1/4" out back over factory sagged springs.

No rub anywhere and have about 3/4" clearance on the strut using the factory Tri-Spokes.

08imogene2.jpg

It worked out to be a really good combo for those tight switchbacks and long climbs around Ouray, CO.

Tad, your truck looks really nice, thanks for the pics. This is exactlly how they should've come from the factory i.e. 2inch lift and 31" tires like the 4Runners. That and a locker :) this is about all that 98% of the us would ever need to tackle the back country.