Trouble starting

Enjoi408

2001 Pathfinder. It starts up fine all the time when on road. But one day i parked really close up to a curb and there was a lip on it. And when I went to start it it would skip skip skip really fast and normal but would not start the engine. I tried for like 2 mins. But then randomly worked again. Then some time later I parked uneven on my driveway and it did it again. So I rolled the truck back and it fired up right away. Today I was parked in the dirt aiming downward into a ditch. Starter issues started again and finally after trying 10 times, it started right away. I think its having issues starting in weird angles if its not leveled. I want to solve this because if Im on the trail off camber, I want to make sure I can start the truck. Any Idea guys???

Doesn't sound like a starter problem, if the engine cranks. If the engine cranks but won't fire up, your starter is fine, and the problem is elsewhere: fuel, air, or spark, all of which are managed by the computer to varying degrees.

Fuel filters have no impact on starting or low RPM operation. If they are restricted, ability to attain higher RPMs will be impacted. If the fuel filter hasn't been replaced in several years, it's still wise to replace it.

Fuel filters have no impact on starting or low RPM operation. If they are restricted, ability to attain higher RPMs will be impacted.

Makes sense ..

If the fuel filter hasn't been replaced in several years, it's still wise to replace it.

+1

It seems like I need to get more info on the maintenance on this truck.I have no idea when the last time it had a tune up was. I just bought it like a month ago.

Edited by Enjoi408