Rear door latch.

AzZo

Hey am I the only one with rear door latch problem's? Mine won't lock sometimes,then will lock and I cant get it open unless I open rear window reach in and turn little plastic screw adjuster.I took back panel off just so I could access it.Is adjuster moving on it's own so it goes out of adjustment? Is this common problem? My pathfinder running well just trying to work out some small bug's like this one.

rear door meaning the back or side door? The lock in the rear hatch door has a small bracket attached to the lock cylinder so when you turn the key to unlock it the bracket pushes on a rod to unlock the door, maybe the metal bracket is not engaging the rod??

rear door meaning the back or side door? The lock in the rear hatch door has a small bracket attached to the lock cylinder so when you turn the key to unlock it the bracket pushes on a rod to unlock the door, maybe the metal bracket is not engaging the rod??

Sorry should have specified rear hatch door will check bracket to see if it is engaging the rod. Am I the only one with this type of problem? Any other feed back would be helpful.thanks

Well that did not work brackets fine. Seriously nobodys ever encountered this problem? I guess it's just my tough luck.Strange day's Indeed.I think a white witch owned my pathfinder previously.YES definitly.But could not turn down that cobalt green pearl paint.I'm IRISH.She must have put a spell on me.Ha,Ha.....

Never had a problem with mine, with the key anyway. It doesn't always lock/unlock. I pulled the panel off and shot some lithium at the joints, which seemed to help somewhat. Maybe check the linkage for play where the rods hook together?

Never had a problem with mine, with the key anyway. It doesn't always lock/unlock. I pulled the panel off and shot some lithium at the joints, which seemed to help somewhat. Maybe check the linkage for play where the rods hook together?

Thanks will check that out and let you know.

so your saying yours won't lock/unlock with the power lock button and or with the key?

Thats exactly what I am saying no power locks and when I put key in it just opens the glass not hatch. I can hear the power locks actuating but they dont lock or unlock the hatch. Can that little plastic adjuster screw be the cause could it be moving on it's own.And going out of adjustment?

when you turn the key clockwise it unlocks the window and turning counter clockwise should unlock the door, If you are talking about the plastic adjuster screw like is shown in the diagram below on the left (follow the arrow), it does show that it has a specification for being in adjustment. Can you have someone turn the key to unlock the door while watching what goes on inside the door?

FSM diagram below:

2u6o2n9.jpg

so your saying yours won't lock/unlock with the power lock button and or with the key?

yes but if I open rear window and reach inside I can turn little plastic adjustment screw and then it will lock or unlock.Me thinks the adjustment screw must turn on it's own and therefore go out of adjustment.Just a theory.

when you turn the key clockwise it unlocks the window and turning counter clockwise should unlock the door, If you are talking about the plastic adjuster screw like is shown in the diagram below on the left (follow the arrow), it does show that it has a specification for being in adjustment. Can you have someone turn the key to unlock the door while watching what goes on inside the door?

FSM diagram below:

2u6o2n9.jpg

Man thanks for the diagram it shows exactly what I was talking about.Will take your advice and have someone turn key while I look at it.Thanks again!

Anytime, hope you can figure out the problem. I had the plastic cover off mine when I re-keyed all my locks but I didn't take any pictures of it to look at, that's why I checked in the FSM, you know you can download the whole FSM thru this link:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/pathfinder/1995_Pathfinder/

It's good to have.

Anytime, hope you can figure out the problem. I had the plastic cover off mine when I re-keyed all my locks but I didn't take any pictures of it to look at, that's why I checked in the FSM, you know you can download the whole FSM thru this link:

http://www.nicoclub....995_Pathfinder/

It's good to have.

Affirmative my friend.

Fixed!! the plastic adjustment screw is on a metal rod which is threaded on the bottom end.There was no nut on the end I don't know if it supposed to have one or not,maybe the original fell off and got lost? Who know's I found one in my tool box that fit and that hold's the plastic adjustment set screw in place so it can't move.Now my hatch open's and close's with key and power lock's to.Excellent!!!!!!!!

glad to hear you figured it out, one less thing to worry about, now on to the next problem. I'm sure you have one, LOL we all do !!

YES, Ha,ha,LOL this is true, alway's one thing or another. But that's what make's life interesting.Never bored with my pathfinder.Thank's for your help and input ahardb0dy. Stay cool.