BMW X-5 Offroad?

Boosted

NOW I got your attention!! I'm a BMW enthusiast as well as Pathfinder guy, and you could say I've been in withdrawl since I sold my M3 a few months ago before moving.

Anyway...I've never looked at an X-5 as an offroad machine (and I still don't), we've all seen the youtube vids LOL. I was at a Eurowerks 6 (a big show in Minneapolis, MN) today and a guy from Oregon brought this thing! I didn't talk with him, but I though it was pretty cool someone actually did this to an X-5. It may not have the greatest offroad capabilites, but either way it's fun to see someone has done this to an otherwise soccermom/on-road SUV.

Please comment, I won't take offense because it's not mine hehe.

X5.jpg

I've seen pics of that, it's friggin legit! My ma has an '02 4.4i, doesn't do well in real off road stuff but for going camping it does just fine and it makes the drive up the twisty mountain roads entertaining. Thing is a TANK in the snow too with Toyo ATs.

Edited by Kingman

A little farther than I would take it, but still, it would be great as an all weather vehicle/light duty dirt roader. The only thing that makes me shake my head is the snorkel, otherwise not too bad... :shrug:

B

Its on the same base as a lifted Escape... Hell I think a Escape would do better. Snorkle is way out there. Kinda looks like a wheird Durango/minivan cross over too me.

an Escape could probably fit in tighter places

speaking of youtube vids...

also remember escape has a transverse engine but this thing has a longitudally mounted engine so it is much better in weight distribution