lund moonvisor installed?

Nice186

Hey guys, alright so i got a great deal on CLs for a moonvisor off a nissan pick up and i was thinking about putting it on my 94 pathfinder... now my question is how do i got about this? it looks like it all lines up with my truck but do i really need to drill holes on my roof?! does anyone else have one installed? and steps and/or photos i can see so it would make it easier for me? :) thanks for the help guys

311574_3239473907700_1646643993_n.jpg

I had one on my old hardbody. They are designed to be installed with sheet metal screws and than plastic covers over the screw heads, at the Truck Shop in west Sayville we used to install a lot of them. I had a problem on mine with a few of the screws stripping out so I installed riv nuts and used 1/4 -20 allen head bolts. Only problem I noticed on mine was when I also installed a hood visor than it seemed the roof visor would vibrate.

Most important part is having someone eye it up from the front as 2 people hold it on each side.

They look good when they are painted to match. I have pics of one on my red hardbody but none that show it up close.

Once I'm on a desktop again (and if I don't forget :lol: ) I have some up close pics of mine installed-though mines a different style than the standard moonvisor (mines more rounded instead of the "pointy" front).

Yes you have to drill, since you got it pre-owned sometimes you can call your local truck accessory store or even trailer sales places and even get an instalation kit, otherwise it's basicly sheet metal screws. I touched the paint after every hole was drilled as to not have bare metal and used a small dab of clear silicone in each hole as well. And extra hands is a must for a good strait install :aok:

I had one on my old hardbody. They are designed to be installed with sheet metal screws and than plastic covers over the screw heads, at the Truck Shop in west Sayville we used to install a lot of them. I had a problem on mine with a few of the screws stripping out so I installed riv nuts and used 1/4 -20 allen head bolts. Only problem I noticed on mine was when I also installed a hood visor than it seemed the roof visor would vibrate.

Most important part is having someone eye it up from the front as 2 people hold it on each side.

They look good when they are painted to match. I have pics of one on my red hardbody but none that show it up close.

Thanks for the info and yes if you have a few photos of red on red I would Love to see it. I was thinking about reprinting it black as my rims are black and I was thinking about two toning my truck(bottom black and top red) but hey you might change my mind lol

One mounted on a RapistRed (AH3) truck (my old 91)

CRYSTAL029.jpg

Exact same one painted white is the one seen on about every pic of my truck you can find

My Photobucket is running REALLY slow and freezing so I will hunt for those close ups later...

click on pics for bigger pic, the bottom one probably has the closest view.

The mounting screws are hex head sheet metal screws and the hardware kit comes with black plastic caps to go over the screw heads. We installed them the same way a little silicone in the hole before the screw goes in.

This is the kit:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lund-Moonvisor-Sunvisor-mounting-kit-screw-caps-OEM-/261052937968?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3cc7f7b6f0

Edited by ahardb0dy

click on pics for bigger pic, the bottom one probably has the closest view.

The mounting screws are hex head sheet metal screws and the hardware kit comes with black plastic caps to go over the screw heads. We installed them the same way a little silicone in the hole before the screw goes in.

This is the kit:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3cc7f7b6f0

Thanks for the photos but I'm not digging the red, I think black will go good with my truck, and thanks for the kit, that will come in handy

Photo of my truck

https://fbcdn-photos...3802_n.jpg?dl=1403848_3242292018151_1625723802_n.jpg?dl=1

Edited by Nice186