radio problem

Scott.T

So as I mentioned in the *what did you do to your pathfinder today?* thread, I was cutting my rear fenders and cut through a couple wire bundles on the drivers side. I re-wired it and everything works minus the rear windshield defrost and the radio. I checked all the wires multiple times to make sure they were color matched, and the ones that were the same color Ive swapped and it didnt change anything. I was checking the wires at the radio deck, checking for power. The way I understand it, there should be a constant 12 volts coming off the battery to hold the memory, then another 12 volts when the ignition is turned on. Im not getting the constant 12 volts off the battery but I am getting the 12 volts when the key is turned on. I linked the 2 wires together and the radio turns on, it spits out the disc and doesnt save the presets (I knew this would happen but I wanted to make sure the deck wasnt bad). Instead of going through all the wiring, could I just run a wire from the battery and splice it to the memory wire without it draining my battery? Im not a radio doer by any means. I think this should fix the radio issue but I just wanted some input from those of you that know a bit about radio wiring. Thanks

I cant remember specifically on the factory radio, but I think there is a small fuse on the radio itself for the consant power.

I cant for the life of me think what cutting those wires would have caused the raio to be effected unless you groudned power out when cutting into them.

Either that or there is a wire you missed somewhere.

Edited by Alkorahil

I thought that I might have missed a wire also but I spent a couple ours in there yesterday searching and rechecking all the wires, ripped the panels off of both sides and cant find anything.