95 HB speedometer on the fritz

trexterra

I know there are 100 threads about speedometers, and i've already tried the typical solution of replacing the instrument cluster and the speed sending unit was professionally replaced by the PO. I can't find any other options for solutions besides that. Is there any help out there? cruise control is not functioning. Temp/Gas/Tach all work, and no CEL are present. I also tightened the screws on the back of both of the clusters that i've had in to try and fix it with no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Brady

I'm having speedometer issues as well, I'm sure in my case it's not the wiring. If I did suspect the wiring I wouldn't rely on just a visual inspection however. Get an ohm-meter, connect it at both ends of the wiring, see what you get.

well I realized that the airbag light is on with the new cluster I got, and I don't have that option. So i'm going to return the new cluster anyways. I guess I need to find someone with an ohm-meter then or borrow one from the shop on base,

You could also redneck rig it with some alligator clip test leads and a dome light bulb. Just make sure it's unplugged at both ends before you start applying 12v to it. (A 9v battery would also work.)

Also, a WD/HB cluster with airbags? I didn't know there was such a thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Briefly the speedo cut out all together and the CEL came on for about 10 seconds so I'm thinking it is the sender

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2